Rotf mudflap question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Embryoyo, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

ok, i dont care for the autobots at all but i am here at target and if i remember right there was a different more hard to find toy where his plate said trax besides muflap is this correct? Cause the target i am at now has a few of them and i am thinking about possibly pickin one up and i just wanted someone to help me remember if these were harder to find or not. Thanks

2. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

I believe Mudflap was probably harder to find. It was the discovered variant. Trax was released first but I don't know which one is considered harder to find now.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I think that the one with the plate that says "MUDFLAP" is more rare than the one that says "TRAX".

4. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

really? I always see mudflap where i am at and just came across trax now.. Hmm not sure what to do here :lol  thanks for your help guys

5. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Get both! Very cool figure.

6. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I might get both, still not sure. Had to rush home for something but I might go back later tonight I just wanna know which one was harder to find cause I would rather get that one then the more easier one to find XD Cause out of TRU, Walmart, Target, and Kmart here I have always seen Mudflap but if Mudflap is harder to find then I am just gonna laugh cause I always thought it was trax and never got the figure. Isn't there a variant for Skids as well? I don't remember... again thanks for the help guys if anyone can still help me out and let me know for sure which one is harder to find that be really awesome and I will send you a cookie in the mail :thumbs2: 

7. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I have seen more of the "TRAX" versions so far. However, the "MUDFLAP" versions are closing in. I have considered picking up the latter, but wasn't sure.

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Mudflap is the rare one.

What does the plate say in the movie?

9. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Until Hasbro officially states how many of each variant were released (not going to happen), or when the figure is discontinued from mass release and fan feedback can be guaged (although not accurately), we will never know which one is rarer than the other.

Just in case, pick up two and later on you can just sell the less common one.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    mudflap is NOT the rare one. the mudflap plate is a running change, and due to the character's popularity, he will be available in future waves with the mudflap plate.

the "trax" plate was only available for PART of the first wave that he was released in.

But I'm not sure if you could even call the trax plate rare, given that there are likely tens of thousands of them.

the trax plate is just going to be harder to find going forward.