ROTF Movie Score

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Solrac333, Aug 19, 2009.

?

Which movie score did you like better?

1. TF1

71 vote(s)
    59.7%
  2. TF2

48 vote(s)
    40.3%
  1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I just got the movie score on CD. I didn't enjoy the score at all. It was all heavy percussions and electronic noise. The first movie score had more orchestral elements which I liked more. What are your thoughts on the movie score? Not the movie itself, just the score.

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Personally its ok. I LOVE nest though!

i favor mmovie one in general

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  3. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

ROTF. WAY more intense.

4. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    TF1
    The RotF score is not such a gripping music. :) 

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Personal opinion inbound:

I like both but for really different reasons. The first had beautiful arrangements all across the board, whether it make you sympathetic like Bumbebee Captured, in awe like Arrival to Earth, noble like Optimus, or downright epic like the tail-end of You're a Soldier Now. They were unique, and differing. I loved that all the themes were personally enjoyable to me.

The second, while not quite so spread about, were all a lot more mystical, almost like it was the music you would expect to hear when traveling back in time and looking at an ancient world through new eyes. But, there were still a lot of great reoccurances fromthe first movie that helped impact, like Forest Battle and I Rise, You Fall. It kind of grew outward in terms of having interrelative themes and cues in a certain way. Also, NEST. Awesome tune.

I think the first was better, but the second is nothing to scoff at. It just gets some heat because, as geek-fans, we always expect everything that's newer to be better than what came before it.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

If I had to pick one, it would be ROTF because every other song isn't just a version of the "Autobots" theme (which I hear on every other song from the Tf1 score for some reason). Also, ROTF had some of the original Unicron theme from the 1987 animated movie prefectly blended into "The Fallen's Arrival", which serves to homage the original Fallen's status as a herald to the god-panet.

However, both of them are excelent when used in conjunction to their respective places in their respective films. And "Arrival to Earth" is timelessly epic, end of story.

7. Solrac333

Ebay:
    It is intense and at times it's cool but to me it felt like a remixed version of the first one.

8. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I didn't think of it that way. I now have to listen to Unicron's theme and the Fallen's Arrival.

Agreed with your last statement.

9. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I enjoyed both sooooo much, but between the two I'll have to say the first Bay film had the better of the bunch.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

TF1 by far.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I absolutely love the TF1 score! ROTF was okay, but it lacked the power of the first movie's score.

12. cnic

cnic Decepticon

For me TF1 was better. Skorponok is my personal favorite and is IMO a very powerful song. I even have it as my ringtone on my cell phone. lol

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer the first one since it has more goosebump-inducing wow pieces of music, for me (Arrival to Earth will be one of my favorite songs, ever, with You're a Soldier Now, Optimus v. Megatron and the Autobot and Allspark themes ranking highly), but the second is pretty solid too. NEST is quite awesome, and the forest battle and Matrix of Leadership songs are awesome too. Though it tends to be repeated a little too often for me, the general theme for The Fallen that pops up in his own theme and various other songs is pretty cool too.

14. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

I love both. The second one has a bit of John Carpenter feel to it at times and I love that since I love his works. Fallen's theme in track five and track seven's "Heed our Warning" are very Carpenter heavy (the beginning of it reminds me of THE THING).

Again I loved it.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    First movie by far, all of the new tracks where pretty meh if you ask me.

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Weh.

They were both fairly bland to me.

'The Fallen' was alright, mind you.

One of the major issues with both scores is that they were just mimicking what was on the screen, and thus lose a lot of their intensity when you're listening to them on your computer, because neither of them are particularly complex or interesting pieces of music.

17. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I quite liked both, for different reasons. TF1 had Autobots, Decepticons, The Allspark, Arrival to Earth, and Optimus...

TF2 has Prime, Nest, Infinite White, Matrix of Leadership, and Tomb of the Primes...

TF1 established those core themes for us, particularly Autobots and Optimus.. TF2 took those themes and gave it a bit of a twist and a spin and made something new out of it that was still cool and retained some of the old.

18. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I voted for ROTF, but thinking a little deeper I'm not so sure. The music played when the Autobots arrive in TF1 is absolutely amazing and gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it. Then again, there are some awesome scores in ROTF. I'm torn, so I'll go 50/50 and sit right on that proverbial fence!

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they're pretty close, but I like the RotF score a little bit more.

20. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Voted ROTF but I really meant TF1. NEST, Prime, and Fallen Arrives are really the only ones I like in the ROTF score. I like all but maybe one in the TF1 one.