RotF Movie Preview Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Spyro, May 31, 2009.

1. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Got this guy yesterday. He's fairly neat for a retool.

Robot mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty neat. The new head is definately better. The figure's pretty detailed. My first movie accurate Bumblebee that's in sacle. The only thing I don't like about his 'bot mode is the fact that his cannon arm has no hand. Other than that, I love it. 9/10

Vehicle mode:
    [​IMG]

Sexy Camaro. This vehicle mode is pretty awesome. It's only lacking a few things, such as a tag on the rear, and painted doorhandles. If you can actually get this fellow into vehicle mode, the vehicle mode looks fairly good. Mine came with some stiff automorph, and won't easily lock into car mode. 8/10

Overall:
    It's a fairly good figure. If you missed out on the first mold, or are just want it to complete your collection or for some other reason. Otherwise, it depends. It is a retool and has stiff automorph, so... 7/10

2. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I think preview BB's OK. The new headsculpt has a bit of a 1000 yard stare going on but with a decent repaint should look really good and the cannon arm is well implemented though it makes the change to car mode a tad trickier.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone having trouble lining him up in vehicle mode? Everything seems to tight.

4. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have trouble getting the rear windows to line up right. they keep caving in. I didn't have that problem with my original Bumblebee. The front wheels don't go all the way in, either.

5. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

I am impressed by this BB. Thought it was the same toy I had for Movie 1, so didn't care for it since I had the old one painted up nicely. But somehow felt like getting some ROTF toys can keep them very lightly customed and more playable (rather than scratching the paint), so what the heck, grabbed myself another BB today. He got some updates afterall. Little did I know, the new head and plastic colors really made a big difference. He looks good without much touch up (other than cleaning messy paint job and touch up his eyes & helmet). Fixed a couple looser ball joint, and this figure really shines, made me as happy as getting something with a brand new design. Like the gun arm too, at least for looks. Probably won't use the missile thing. :p 

The back windows of mine does cave in a little, but not too bad, and you can straighten them with some fiddling. But I do feel that the old BB holds together a bit better in car mode than this new version.

6. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got the same problems with the backwindow caving in. but not a big deal. have in robot most of he time

but if any one knows a fix for it it would be great

7. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The back window caving in is because it doesn't have the cannon from the first mold to hold it in place :) 
    I gave my old BB's gun to leader Prime, and when i transform the old BB, the window likes caving in too.

8. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my movie bb doesnt cave in without the canon. so i dont think thats the problem

9. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Mine's back windows cave in too. It's annoying as hell.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    It's okay for a remold, but it's not enough to make me get the mold a third time. I'll wait for cannon Bumblebee.

11. MethKitty

MethKitty it's about the podcast!

News Credits:
    this is a great figure, in bot mode that is. the minute i started to transform him into a car a general dislike for the figure started to brew, and i soon found out why when it came to finishing up the transformation i swear it took me an hour and a half to get it all to hold together

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I get the feeling that there's going to be a TON of these on the shelves weeks from now. He's good, but not great. And with Human Alliance Bee coming out, that will be the winner.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like him a lot. I NEEDED to repaint those soul-sucking eyes, though. Odd, because when I dissassembled his head it looks like they did go for gunmetal eyes and blue pupils, but then changed it. Regardless, he looks like Bumblebee now, and that's aweosme. Hot vehicle mode, cool robot mode. I recommend him.

14. swampflight

swampflight Banned

It is my wish.....my command.......Never!!!

Its looks pretty decent overall but is it just me or does his head look just like the head on the mechanical owl Bubo from "Clash of the Titans"?

15. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    I hate this mold...Yeah it looks cool, but:
    I had every version of it from movie 1: the automoph annoyed me, those shoulder pads wouldn't stay on (making tfing him VERY frustrating), and the legs were loose right out of the box...
    Stealth BB was awesome looking though :) 

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Those eyes freak me out.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This mold has REALLY gone to hell. no wonder they're replacing it with Cannon Bumblebee. nothing lines up anymore. pieces dontfit together right anymore. it transforms about as good as you would expect a KO of this mold to transform. getting the legs and arms closed up around the cannon in vehicle mode is just hell. I'm sure it would fit fine if so many of the parts werent warped.

speaking of his cannon, the missile is too long to fit into the cannon on his arm. there's a recess cut away under his elbow, but it's too small for the missile to fit into.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    How can they not?

19. Spyro

Spyro Banned

That's why I keep him in vehicle mode. Because of how difficult it is to actually get him into vehicle mode, and because of his creepy eyes.

20. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    cant decide to get this guy or not, hope they do one with the battle mask.