Heavy/Scratch: ROTF movie accurate.. STAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRSCREAM!!! WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wylungz, Oct 23, 2009.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

UPDATE.. kinda.. someone asked to see a jet mode along time ago and i forgot.. so here. u go

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

something i've been fooling around with.. had the idea of making new arms for TM07's Starscream... thought i was the first but OmarJT82 had done it already.. wat i did was similar to his but i either didnt' use a couple of things and used a couple of other things.. in the end his new arms are great and sturdy and i think makes him look more movie accurate...

ball joint head also.. working on a missile attachment for his left arm and trying to figure out how get some jets on his back while not affecting his transformation.. this project prob wont be done for about a month or so..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      48.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      40.8 KB
      Views:
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
  2. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great improvement! :thumb 

- how do these work in alt mode?

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    These are definitely the best set of custom hands for the TFTM '07 Screamer mold I've seen yet.. But I don't get it why not just buy the ROTF Starscream? :p 

4. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats exactly what i wanted to do. keep up the good work and ps. how does the arm stwitch work? Dose it just snap off and on?

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Because the bot mode looks like crap. Jet mode awesome. Bot mode crap. I may have to try this.

6. wylungz

the forearm of the ROTF starscream u can just pop it out.. however the TM07's u have to take out the screws.. also. u have to kno i did some work on the new forearms.. so it can bend normally forward.. theres some stuff in the way that u have to dremel that restricts it..
    but for connecting it together, OmarJT82 did something similar b4.. so u can follow it...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/268017-rotf-ramjet-wip.html

but the difference between mine and his is that if u see that white part that is between the new arm and old arm.. i took that off the pin..cut the pin down to make it smaller.... sawed down alittle that black peg on the ROTF forearm.. and drilled a whole into and stuck the pin into there.. and i also flattened the top of that peg so its like a nut also so it stays snug in there.. after that i used some fixit to smooth out any lose gaps and made it sturdy.. all this so there's not a big gap between the new forearm and the TF07's arm..

edit!.
    wait sorry i just looked at that picture that OMar did.. and i just realized he cut off the peg on the ROTF starscream's forearm so u probably have no idea wat im talking if u see his.. lol.. but if u have the figures infront of u.. ull understand.....

MAN! i hate the ROTF starscream.. hes so small.. puny looking.. how are they going to make a new figure of a character.. and have it smaller than the previous! not only is he smaller.. he's also thinner.. that aint cool
    [​IMG]
    yes, the new one does look like crap! try it!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
  7. closetrat

News Credits:
    The new figure looks better to me in bot form, esp when you transform his groin plate correctly...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    oh damn i thought rofl was the same fig with new arms and tats not a whole new fig d@#$ seeing them side by side like that wow you can tell nice work!!!

9. wylungz

ya i kkno hes looks cool.. but the fact that hes smaller just bothers the heck out of me.. heads smaller.. body definately is smaller.. .. he comes off very thin

10. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    I'm gonna agree with you, Screamer is meant to be a large Decepticon, and his TFTM form fits that well, being huge for a movie voyager, whereas ROTF Screamer just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, ROTF Screamer has a cool transformation and jet mode, but TFTM Screamer's headsculpt, while not movie accurate, is cooler and is a better looking figure with better folding wings.
    And he has stronger legs than ROTF Screamer...

Anyways, nice mod. I would do this but I'm reluctant as I want to repaint my ROTF Screamer into Skywarp, as his tattos are beginning to scratch off and I anticipate the Leader Screamer.

11. wylungz

Ya I can't wait til the leader class starscream comes out.... so since I can't wait til 2010, ill atleast have this dude on my shelf

12. closetrat

News Credits:
    I'll give you that one & the fins do a weak job of re-creating the groin plate...

I dunno, I grabbed him when there was no word of the Leader past the point of rumor & I'd passed on TFTM SS due to his weak jet mode...

13. wylungz

I'LL MAKE HIS JET MODE SUPERIOR!!@$@$!!@!@$!$! lol ya his jet mode is ok but really i look for transformers for more in their robot mode than their alternative mode...

14. TheMaTriX

TheMaTriX Member

oh wow! ss is my favorite character! i cant wait to see what you do with him man! i'm working on one right now

15. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

awsome dude!

16. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

The hands look great! I might have to do this to mine :D 

17. wylungz

alternative mode pics up.. sorry i forgot

18. GerardusMaximus

GerardusMaximus Deceptocreep

It looks so cool seeing the Gatling guns pointing forward in raptor mode! Dont ya just love Gatling Guns!