Heavy/Scratch: Rotf megatronnnn wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wylungz, Oct 6, 2009.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hey .. heres just alittle project im doing for fun....

these are some pictures from last week i took and i thought i'd like to share it...

things i fixed-

1. Murder Arm - Ball joint from a Beast Wars Tarantulas's leg.. worked out very well because it was nice a big for this arm and very very very sturdy in the movement.. u guys should keep that in mind

2. Head - i saw alot of people trying to fix the head on him because the stock toy version was just so hideous.. so i removed the head totally and then changed around the panels... sawed off some stuff.. and there u go..
    - ball joint head also. wooT

3. Gimp Arm - used a TFTM megatrons arm of that.. took a while but was able to connect it permanently on and it doesnt disrupt the transformation that much.. as long as i can position it right
    - also i took the hand/claw from the ROTF megatron's gimp arm and connected it to this new one.. man i had trouble w/ that .. i tried to do wat F_R did.. and it was working out fine.. until wen i got the peg in.. and it was too long so i tired to saw it off.. but as i was sawing it off it actually heated up and melted the plastic.. =O so then i went to play B... which should of been plan A!! i used a gundam joint that i had always had but never could find use for... a peg end and then a ball joint end and hard plastic.. and is connected by a screw so it was sturdy.. it isnt ur ordinary gundam joint.. i really forgot wat it was really for.. but it worked out nice and is sturdy as hell..

i'm in the process of painting this week.. i have pics of my first coat that came out very nice.. i might post pics of that later but after that ill post pics of the final version so i can still get some prestige out of this figure lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are some pics from sundays first paint coat..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OKK so thats all i shall show till the very end.. thanks for loOKing guys!

EDIT! GIMP ARM ATTACHMENT

here, i dremeled down that peg that used to attach the gimp arm
    [​IMG]
    next i took the new panel that has the peg that attach's the 07's Megs left arm.. unscrew the white part for the time being
    [​IMG]

last i superglued and also screwed in the new panel to the area where the old peg for the megs gimp arm was.. .. after that sanded it down and dremeled it so it was smooth and had no bumps or isnt uneven for the new arm to rotate.
    [​IMG]

there u go buddy. PM me if anything.. and i hope u read what i said about it being in Alternative mode.. it wil still transform but may look weird at first but hell. wtf is his alternative mode anyway haha.. it honestly looks fine and passable to me after i painted him

Attached Files:

• 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2 copy.jpg
      2 copy.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      42.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

looks good! needs some details and some gold and your good as gold! I like all the differnet versions of ball jointed arms people have made for megs, your is tarantulas, mine is from uni tankor. keep it up!

3. wylungz

ya wat i have up there is just a base coat... but wen im painting this dude, i wanna go for that rigid, steal.. dirty look.. not like a shiny and wat not.
    haha.. gonna be a long time to finish this dude.

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Awesome modding and paintwork so far. :) 

5. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    was getting the movie 1 arm on that panel pretty easy? Im picking up one this weekend and have no idea since I never bought movie one megs.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Pretty epic!

7. selsonliew

selsonliew Member

everything is just perfect, but the panel on the face can be make it thin some more.

8. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Holy hell this toy is a mess! I don't mean your version but now that i see the movie picture next to the head sculpt...wtf!

9. wylungz

thanks man, and thanks for the PM on the future advice

ya it was kinda tricky.. F_R had WIP pics up from along time ago that i tried to follow but i couldn't figure it out so i just did it my own way.. it wasn't really easy but it wasnt hard.. just had to figure it out myself.. and wen i thought of a plan on how to do it.. it came out perfectly ...i actually took some WIP of doing the arm so i'll post it for you later wen u get ur megs if u need it. i think the way i did it came out very good and the arm is SUPER sturdy .. so is the claw hand

are u trying to say the face fins should be thinner? maybe. i can always sand it down alittle but i kinda like it the way it is now cuz it makes his face bulkier looking to me.. but thanks for the advice

I KNO!!!! looking at my megs now i totally forgot how the original face used to look like..then i see a pic of it and im like eww .. wtf were the ppl who made it even thinking? lol

10. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I agree with this one. The panels you added to his jaws are a little too thick and bulky compared to the pic of the CG model you posted. It does look awesome as is, but if you're going for movie accuracy they're too thick. :) 

11. wylungz

hm.. maybe i will fix it then.. haha. iunno i'll see. i kinda DO like how its bulkier cuz it makes his face more diesel.. but if thats how u guys think then maybe i should... then again i already did a second coat of paint yesterday and i might not feel like doing it cuz im lazy hahahah. o_O 

12. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    Looks cool!
    DId you take the figure apart for painting?

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I think if he just moved it a little bit, it would be fine. I would readjust it so they were in the same position as before, then wide out the back. Keep the front in the same place but if you open up the back, you will get the wide look without having to block quite as much of his face.

14. wylungz

wen doing a big figure like this.. i took off the arms and opend up the back where his jets are.. then i ..spray painted him .. yup spray painted him haha

wen i did the head.. i totally took the head apart.. panels and everything.. i sawed off the bottoms and back of it and then actually bent them alittle .. dont ask me how i did it.. i really forgot if i heated it up or i just took plyers and just forced it.. after that i positioned it the way i wanted it to look and then took some sculpt and there you go! .. oh and then i also made a ball joint neck.. simple..

15. poorboy8u

News Credits:

16. wylungz

ya F-R idea seemed like it would work but i couldnt follow how he did it.. haha. ya that drawing confused me too ..just let me kno wen u get it and i'll post it in this thread

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice! No more Gimp arm.

18. wylungz

pics added for gimp arm

19. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

:lol  Why can't Hasbro do it the right way the first time?
    Because then we'd never get to see the awesomeness that people can come up with, great job!

20. poorboy8u

News Credits:
    Thanks for the post. I'll probably post a thread for mine once I get done making his murder arm.