Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Megatron Transformer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

I've done several ROTF Megatrons, from repaints, to murder arm elbow mod and removable sculpted gimp arm hand part version with repaint, to the two non-transforming ones I recently did with the new arm, murder elbow, head mods, and repaint.
    This is the one I did for myself, but I was unhappy with it being non-transforming so I took it back into the workshop.
    I always wanted him to be more movie accurate, more articulated, and transformable, but without having to remove any parts to go to tank mode if possible.
    By cutting away some inner back parts that aren't seen in either mode, and shaving down some of the shoulder and bottom of the murder arm, I did it! :) 

I was a bit worried the larger new arm would hurt the look in tank mode, but I don't think it ended up being too bad since he is basically a mess of metal shards shaped sort of like a tank anyway.

I know its been done before in several ways so I'm sure not claiming any big breakthrough. Just glad I have a leader Megs I'm satisfied with putting on my movie figures shelf. Hope you guys like it too!

[​IMG]

I added a little simple lens flare effect on the last bot pic's eyes because the lighting didn't catch the red eye paint in the pics.

Attached Files:

2. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I have never really been a fan of this mould, but thats some damn fine work.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I think that tank mode is great!

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Tumbler aint got nuttin' on this!

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Thanks guys!

Yeah hah, and if this thing had the 3rd flight mode too, maybe the Batwing wouldn't have nuttin on it either. Wait... I think in the new Batman movie they are just calling the Batwing "The Bat".

6. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

I like it alot, nice work

7. decor1

decor1 Hey, take it easy!

Impressive how you able to hide the modified gimp arm in alt. mode. Nice work!

8. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

love it. very accurate paint apps. are you gonna mod the cannon to have the flaps movable for his murder arm look?

9. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

You know, I had little ball joints and the dremel all ready to go, then just decided I liked it fine how it is. From some angles it looks pretty accurate this way already and keeps the tank mode turret seamless and sturdy. I tried to show that in the pics.