Minor/Repaint: ROTF Megatron murder arm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bumblebee92, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

hey guys just wanted to put up my megatron and i combined universe sunstreaker and movie 1 bumblebee arm to give megatron a arm joint hope you like it and im workin on a wip now its going to be a g1 character made out of sunstreaker one thing is its not tracks or sunstreaker please comment and guess

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1,017.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Any chance of some better photos, and a more detailed description of the mod? I'm planning to do something similiar to my Megs...

3. ebay

ebay Well-Known Member

your pics are blurry. can't really see.

4. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Just a quick tip man, try to put megatron on either a white or a black solid surface and then snap the pic. I'm sure it looks cool but gotta sharpen it up a bit man!

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Question for ya since you've already torn your up-

What's the wiring like in there? Are the wires running free throughout the arm or are they glued/tabbed down to a part and if the latter which one?

I'm planning on giving megs a universal Lego joint for an elbow but seeing as how I can't get the shoulder completely apart I'll have to cut right into the insertion point and I'd like to keep the electronics intact if possible without rewiring.

Thanks,
    -D

6. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

I think the wiring is in the actual cannon part and not through the elbow. Even if it was, I am sure you'd be able to splice it and re-set it again.

7. The Deej

The Deej Well-Known Member

There's no electronics in the arm at all. The blasting noise it makes when you rotate the arm is triggered by a switch in the peghole where the shoulder connects to the torso.

8. Bumblebee92

Guys this was made back last summer lol! I actully scrapped this megatron and am doing somthing better with my new megatron which i have been working on for like 2 months. It so far looks a hella lot better then this. Plus i used parts from the voyager to make the tank mode accurate but now that school is over i have more time to work on it.

9. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Sweet, thanks for the answers guys!

10. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I'm having some trouble with my custom megs...

I removed the right arm and removed all the screws, hoping I could seperate the arm along the 'seam' into 2 halves for easier cutting... BUT it appears something is perhaps glued inside the black shoulder pad, and it just won't seperate.

Bumblebee, did you just hack straight through the arm or dismantle it first?

edit: Just saw Deej's customs, so same question to you, too!

11. The Deej

I believe the shoulder pad is held together by that one piece it rotates on. Y'know, the one without screws. I personally took the screws out of the upper arm and kind pulled it up then overto seperate the arm into its halves without taking apart the shoulder. They were still attached to the shoulder though.

As for the lower arm, it''s securely glued right behind the end of the barrel. If you look really closedly you can see where the seem ends and the barrel begins. I just cut alongside the meet-up line on one side and hoped no one noticed.

12. Bumblebee92

I just hacked straight through really easy if you find a working joint I used a deluxe barricade leg for my new one so that might work for you if you have a spare like i did.

13. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Thanks guys, think I'm just gonna hack straight through - I don't like bending plastic in case of stress fractures.

What's the best tool for the job? X-acto knife?

I have two ideas for the elbow joint - I'm thinking either Movie BB's shoulder ball, or a section of Voyager Mixmaster's arm (as it looks decepticon-ey and might be stronger than a ball joint with the double hinge thing)

14. The Deej

It took awhile with an x-acto knife when I cut through my first one (close to an hour). Suppose I could have cut down on the time by heating the blade up. It is pretty thick plastic at the elbow point.

On my second one I used a Dremel with a cutting disc. Took like forty less minutes, though I had to be doubly careful not to lose control of the dremel.

As for elbows, the first one used a classics starscream upper leg, which worked okay, although it was a lot of carving getting it to fit into the elbow. The second one was Solrac333's idea of using movie Scorponok's shoulder. I really liked how well it fit into the look of the arm. The downside was that the missle wasn't firerably with either elbow. So use whatever you've got for whatever goal you've got, I suppose.

15. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I'm planning to cut through as shown in the pictures below - is that going to prevent the cannon from firing? What other functionality issues am I likely to run into?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]