Minor/Repaint: ROTF Long Haul

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pun-3X, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I knew that I was going to paint this guy up some when I got him. I had no idea I would be doing as much as I did. And while he could probably use a touch more here and there, I'm very happy with how he's turned out. Only thing that really bugs me is the dirt look has that spot-spray effect to it. But I like to think of it as really large mud splotches all over. He is a dump truck after all. :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close-ups. I know the cables are depicted black, but I thought the silver/gold would jump out more.

[​IMG]

Love those teeth.

[​IMG]

Detail close-ups. Front arm...

[​IMG]

...and back. Plus the pistons behind the knee (forgot to take a shot of those, but you can see them in the next two images)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also did the "workings" between the fingers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the hauler, working bed and all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these last two are just for fun. I took the concepts from the video game which features Long Haul with mortar cannons and flamethrowers. Since he has blades instead of cannons, I decided to relocate the mortar launchers in his back wheel assembly. Shoulder launchers actually work pretty well for the guy.

[​IMG]

And flamethrowers, in the appropriate place. :) 

[​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy. As always, let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Nice detailing. I don't think the dirt looks bad at all. In fact, I think he could use a little more of it including some flat gray or something on the tires. No reason for those to look nice and clean when the rest of him has been mucking around in the dirt, right? :lol 

I love that shot of the shoulder rockets firing, by the way.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool.

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

er....he's always shredding up his tires and as result is constantly replacing them and just happened to put on some new pairs for this photo shoot? :) 

... :)  ...

...yeah... :( 

Thanks. The 'fun' shots are always a blast to do. (no bad Puns here. Honest.)