ROTF line wrapping up... Hardest/scarcest figures in your area?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by T-Logicon, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    In Calgary it seams that Mindwipe made a short apperiance, but has not been re-stocked since March. The Lockdown wave of the Nest Figures it also a little hard to find.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Pretty much the entire Nest range short of the first wave deluxes have been all but impossible to find in my area.

3. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

skystalker is the only transformer i can't find.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

The only transformers I've seen in the past three months:
    -Deluxe Mudflap
    -Deluxe Tuner Mudflap
    -Deluxe Autobot Gears
    -Deluxe Stalker Scorponok
    -Voyager Stratosphere
    -Voyager Mixmaster
    -Voyager Megatron

Currenty looking for:

-Deluxe Autobot Ratchet
    -Deluxe Lockdown
    -Deluxe Brawn
    -Voyager Mindwipe
    and anything else in that wave those figures are released in, and everything after them.

All my stores are in a fucking drought, they haven't restocked anything. No new transformers, no G.I. Joe figures, nada. The shelves have been like this since April. Nothing new at all. They've remained the same, the only difference being that a figure or two will disappear each week.

I found the figures I'm looking for a week or so back, a whole bunch of each, but the store who sells them sells the figures for like 2X and 3X their original price. Bullshit, I'm not paying $22 plus tax for a deluxe figure and I'm sure as hell not paying $40 for a voyager. I don't understand how small private-owned stores like "The Music Box" in Newport and stores like Stop N' Shop get these figures before the actual stores themselves do.

Is it just Rhode Island? Good God I cannot wait to move out of this state. When I finally do I hope a giant meteorite, tsunami, or whatever wipes it off the face of the Earth. This place could fall into the Atlantic ocean and I couldn't give a crap. I'm getting my family out of here too when I get a good paying job after I graduate from college. Someplace quiet, peaceful, the drivers aren't total assholes, away from pollution and low crime rates.

Please Michael Bay, please kill him off in the third movie, please...

5. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Everything post-Wave 2.

6. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hardest ones for me to finds I picked up right away. SkyStalker and Legends class wheelie and soundwave.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone who hasn't found them really wants Evac & Red Rampage, I strongly suggest you purchase the whole case at BBTS right now. They're having a sale on that case where you can buy it for $70 as opposed to $100, and you can just give the rest of the case to Toys for Tots come Christmas time. That's what I did.

Anyways, rare/non-existent stuff in my area:
    -Evac and Red Rampage (never saw them)
    -HA Mudflap (never saw it--ordered him off HTS when he first showed up though, so I got lucky there)
    -Battle Charger Megatron (never seen him-- and it's driving me NUTS because no online store has him. I wanna complete that subline, dangit!)
    -RPMs past the Landmine/Rampage wave for the 2-packs and Jolt/Sideswipe/Mixmaster for the single-packs (saw the redux Ironhide/Sideways wave at a K-Mart out-of-town once and that was it)
    -Shadow Command Megatron (never seen in stores, ordered off HTS)
    -NEST deluxe wave 2 (I've seen them a few times here and there, but they'd always disappear quickly)
    -Mindwipe & Defender Optimus Prime (saw them both ONCE at an out-of-town Target, that was it)
    -FAB 2010 Wave 1 (seen Cyber Pursuit Arcee once in stores, that was it-- ordered them online)

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    HA Mudflap. Evac. Red Rampage.

Never saw any of them.

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Either the stores are getting them from the retailers (ie, the scalper effect) or they've simply ordered them online.

Keep in mind that Hasbro hasn't officially released a new wave since Evac and Rampage back in April, and really there hasn't been any significant new releases since March. All of this "hard to find" stuff has been available on the internet for months by now.

10. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Anyone who's looking for Mindwipe should make a trip to northern NJ. He's all over the place around here.

I've never seen Red Rampage, Evac, HA Mudflap, or Legends Arcee and Jolt at retail. The last wave of scouts (Divebomb, Scattorshot, & Skystalker) were rare but I did find them at my local Kmart. Same for Voyager Bludgeon and the Deluxe Arcee and ICT waves last year (the latter two showed up at Kohls during the holiday shopping season).

Deluxe Mudflap, Ravage, and Wheelie were all notorious peg warmers last year and the current wave of NEST Alliance figures (sans Sideswipe) are rotting at my local Target and TRU.

11. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    No, then well have special edition Dead Mudflap

12. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Ha Mudflap, HA barracade, Grindor, Long Haul, Blazemaster(didnt want him tho), Voyager Megatron(only saw 1)

13. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

never seen em here at all, and never seen but one, HA Barricade only seen one and no more.

14. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

Mindwipe, Skystalker, Defender Prime, Redpage, Evac, etc. It's mostly these waves that I haven't seen.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I haven't seen HA Mudflap... Bumblebee, Skids, Barricade and Sideswipe, yes. Mudflap, no. Not too interested in those - while I'd like to try one out, my wallet is thanking me for not.

Also haven't seen any sign of Skystalker.

Anything else, I haven't really paid a lot of attention to. It's pretty much only the figures I'm interested in that I don't have that I notice aren't around. :) 

I've never seen Mindwipe or Voyager Defender Optimus Prime at a store, but I got those from BBTS (cause they only had those two as a two-pack, DOP is currently my only MISB toy I've ever had). I've only seen Bludgeon once - when I bought him. I don't pay a lot of attention to Legends stuff, but those are scarce selection around me also.

16. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

It seems like the constants here are:

HA Mudflap
    Skystalker
    Bludgeon
    Mindwipe
    lgds - Arcee
    HA Barracade
    Rampage - red
    Evac

I read through the entire thread, and I'm kinda surprised I only saw Interragator Barracade
    mentioned once. I saw him right at the intial release and then he was gone. Another figure I though would get mentioned was Smokescreen. He came and went very quickly in my area as well. Its weird how the distribution varies from region to region.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If anyone needs me to pick up a Mindwipe/ Defender Optimus/ Legends Wheelie/ Jolt Arcee just let me know. They're shelfwarming here.

18. knightkitt

knightkitt king of headshots.

Mudflap!!! And wheelie!!!! Jk

19. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends Devastator, still haven't seen him in stores.

Although, Bludgeon's shelf-warming.

20. Skalor

Skalor Stunticon

News Credits:
    In San Diego:

Scattorshot and Skystalker
    Red Rampage and Evac

No problem finding anything else though, although shelves are predominantly empty nowadays.