ROTF Legends Megatron Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I finally broke down and got Legends Jetfire & Optimus Prime because I found out that they actually combine. The only thing that doesn't sit right with me is that Ops is an Autobot & Jetfire is a Decepticon. Given the apparent "non publicized" combining features of the ROTF line (ie Legends Ops/Jetfire, theorized Bike Sisters etc) I was wondering if Legends Megatron had the same "peg hole" on his back as Ops to combine w/ Jetfire too. My thought on this is that there will be an inevitable repaint of Jetfire with an Autobot symbol to combine with Prime & maybe Evil Jetfire is supposed to combine w/ Megs. I haven't been following the movie news so I don't know if maybe this has been leaked or talked about before but I was just wondering. I know it will only cost me $5 to find out for myself but I was just curious... peg hole or not on Megs?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No peg hole on Megatron that I found. Jetfire will only 'truly' combine with Prime, and the Legends combination is basically Prime with a backpack.

The Legends Megatron is a nice figure though. Probably the best rendition of the tank mode, too.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I know how you feel about jetfire being listed as decepticon on the legends packageing. I guess they labeled him that way because there are'nt that many decepticons to fill out the legends class right now. (constructicons later!)

Once people see the movie they will understand he's really a good bot.
    If you need more confidence then that in his true faction the Fast Action Battler Jetfire is also a Autobot.
    Note that the decepticon tampograph is intentionally scratched for jetfire.

4. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Just fiddleing with the figures. There is a way to combine the two, and they hold together pretty well...but you have to practicaly bend Megs over so he is almost walking on "hands and feet" to get the combination to balance...Unless you use Jetfire's feet to help him stand

Megs back is made from a pair of plates that lay on the rearmost set of tank treds in alt mode. Once you have him transformed in bot mode, look at him from the side, those plates have a slot cut out of them at the bottom. Jetfire's wings in alt mode can be slipped into those slots. Holds together quite well too. But its pretty clear this wasn't something Hasbro intended with the toys, just a 'lucky' byproduct of the slots in Megs back being the same thickness as Jetfires wings.

Sorry, I got no way to take pics of this :( 

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    as i am willing bet you know this but, Jetfire starting out as a Decpeticon then leaving them to become an Autobot is totally cannon, so to me at least it makes sense that Jetfire only combines with Prime , and the fact you have to use a slo in Megatron as it wasn't intended to make it work bears that out, just my opinion, I respect yours in wanting to combine Jetfire with megs, and personally i hope for no repaint as it would look quite strange with the SR-71 blackbird altmode which was never built in any other color then black

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nope.

Spoilers:
    Jetfire is an ex-Decepticon. Not officially an Autobot, but he doesn't take orders from Megatron.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Being a decepticon doesn't necessarily make one "evil". That is extremely simple minded.

A bot has his own reasons to pick the leader he wanted to follow or not follow. Just because a bot chose to follow Megatron doesn't mean he wants to go around killing everybody and destroying everything.

8. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love legends megatron he is amazing in tank mode and not to burst your bubble but jetfire will probably have the decepticon logo cause it was that way in the book

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea I know, all the way back to G1 & love that they included that in the movie. As much as I don't want any repaints either I'm willing to bet money we'll see a Jetfire w/ an Autobot logo after the movie comes out though. I just thought it would be fitting (not knowing much about the movie plot/storyline) that if it worked on Ops it might work on Megs too but I guess not.

Ummm... "...Autobots wage they're battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons..." :p  and I know that, it was just an easy way to denote the difference between the stereotypical roles of the "Hollywood Good Guy/Bad Guy" relationship in a movie. *v see sig for details v*