ROTF : Leader Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    looks good and I like all of the detail you put into it. can't wait to see what you do with jetfire

2. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    If you could've figured out a way to fix those stupid wheels on his hips then it would be perfect. Great job on him

3. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I was wondering how well the larger rear wheels would fit on his hips in bot mode. They actually seem to fit quite well... Still not perfect, but neither are the original wheels. I might not be getting rid of my 07 Prime after all... it might be donating a few parts to my ROTF prime.

4. RyanUybengkee

RyanUybengkee Well-Known Member

Hey FrenzyRumble,

i am a big fan of your work. This redo and repaint is what ldr Prime needed. i dont mind the rubber wheels. in fact, i like it big. :) 
    love the weatherd look on the shin and thigh.

thank you for posting this dude.

keep up the great work..and best of luck to your wedding on september.

cheers,

Ryan

5. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    This is really cool. It really looks like the movie! Love the addition of the guns and the hands.

iDD

6. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Niiicce. That sucker is purdy.

and i like the rubber wheels, gives a more realistic look than plastic that's for sure, same for the guiding pipes on the front.
    :thumb 

7. wan_de_real

wan_de_real Transformizer

Ebay:
    Mike ure dealing with pinstripes at last..tough rite.???.damn ure so rushing doing all ROTf to be masterpieces...

8. side_streaker

side_streaker Nemesis-Con

Im new here and you fan...... that was cool............ you can make Ultra Magnus like you did.. but in this mold...

9. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    I dunno about the rest. But I think you did a great job with the head. It's really deep. With character. I really like it a lot.

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    :jawdropper:  You never cease to amaze F_R

11. Bumblebee2008

Bumblebee2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like a lot of people I am a big fan of yor work FR, everything of yours I've seen has been amazing and this is by no means an exception! I love what you've done with this and I wish I had the skill to recreate half of what you have done! I personally love the wheels, they do look a little wide on the front but I actually think it works well!! My only disappointmet is that you're making us wait to see the swords!! I'm really interested to see what you've done with them!!! Again Excellent custom!!!!

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Did you paint over the red and blue? And how did you outline the flames? Sharpie?

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Just picked up my Leader class Prime and I'm noticing the MASSIVE amount of detail work that goes into this bad bot. You have a hand clap from me, sir. :thumb 

14. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Yea something I'd like to know as well, Sorry to dig this thread up but inquiring minds wanna know?

15. altezen

altezen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Another Great works from you Frenzy. It look so much different from Hasbro's unpainted.

16. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Adding the chains to the head-ache rack would be a nice little added touch.

17. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    The hand mod is described here.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks. I had them left over from a model, and saw the "real" prime had them, so I added them. They are removable, but can also stay in place. I made them removable because they are very thin and plastic, someone might not want them to snap while transforming this guy.

excellent idea. I wanna do more with the whole back area on future versions, such as the chains and red/green wires you usually see on the back of trucks.

Thanks. I will be revisiting this guy (soon actually) and redoing the flames from scratch.

I actually do, and he's already done too. Waiting on some other project to dry and paint...got some "free" time and finished him up. Tough character to paint too....

Thanks. I fixed that thanks to your comment.

Thanks. Yeah, I usually run through as many reference pics as possible before a paint job.

Thanks LimeWire

They were sanded down, then used a fine sand paper, then coated in clear paint to remove the fogging.

Thanks. I love that stuff too.

Thanks.

appreciate the perspective.

A little. Inside ROTF's wheel wells are slotted pegs which hold the rims from sliding around. They need to be removed and the pegs (axles) also need to be trimmed. The axle diameter it the same though. The 2 axles in the back are hinged, so a little more tricky to work with.

Thanks.

It's tough as hell. I have some good paints w/ the finishes built into them, but they aren't very tough (I have a nice looking mr.hobby metallic blue, but it doesn't hold up great) I prefer adding the effect of the paint separately afterwards. House of Kolors has several types of clear coats which add different effects....pearl, metallic, iridescent, etc.

Do it! and thanks!

I can take criticism very well, in fact - almost every suggestion on these 10 pages have been noted and the majority will actually be applied to the next version I do of Prime. I can't/won't take trolling though.

Thanks Davey.

Thanks.

It's the same blue, same bottle. It could be the light reflecting or your monitor.

Thanks. The guns were a last minute add on, which I really think will add to him once he's displayed.

Correct. The TFTM mold actually has some use after all.

Thanks Tim.

Thanks, I hope I inspired you to push yourself further though.

I have a thread over in GD, which shows how you have to remove the TFTM hands from their wrists and cut down the plastic to form a "T" shape which will fit into ROTF's forearms.

The cannons are from TFTM prime as well. I added the barrels (aluminum handle cheap paint brush) and some kibble like missles and rods.

Nope, just painted. It works fine and the eyes light up blue.

Yeah, it does, but decided not to on this version.

Thanks for noticing them. I got them from a Peterbuilt Model (a guy used the same parts on his TFTM prime) Tinfoil Turkey I think it was...

thanks.

Thank you. please see the above reply to that. The next rip at it, I will do a step-by-step.

Thanks Solrac

Thanks. I prefer the drybrush look, seems to bring out lots more details as well as give the "worn and dirty" look which is more "accurate" Do you mean the antennae on his head? I checked several reference pics, lot of people paint them silver, which I didn't see in the pics.

Do you have an ebay account ;) 

Yeah, looking at other pics, I'll be darkening up that blue and actually leaning it more towards a redder hue. The pics show a VERY deep blue, with a touch of purple (in my eyes) The red as well, it will be much deeper in the next version. Thanks.

Thanks BH. You should collab with me ;)  you do some awesome lighting and I'll paint it. I think there's real estate for head and tail lights...

Soon, soon...and thanks

I know, they are an eye sore. If they could hinge around the back just a hair, they'd be great. Thanks.

Thanks Ryan.

Thanks!

Thanks! "guiding pipes" ...I never knew the technical term on those...

Thanks wan. I never rush though ;) 

He's on the list; Ultra Magnus & Nemesis Prime will come

Thanks. I loved the face as well.

Thanks.

Swords are done, just a matter of timing them being shown. Having them be removable/re-attachable is a must in my opinion though. His poseability is so limited with those in his arms.. Thanks for the support.

Yes, entiriely new paint. I masked off the flames, sprayed them, then masked the flames and painted the rest. No yellow in the fade, cause...he doesn't have yellow on him. The stripes were hand painted with a teeny tiny brush and no coffee.

Thanks. I think once I get some "before/after" shots together, it will be evident the level of change I implied.

Thanks!

For sure. I wrote somethign about this earlier up.

Thanks for the support everyone. Prime's a bitch to do, one of the more difficult figures to paint (and try to get right) ...I honestly am not a huge Prime fan, he's too "mainstream" for my likings. But love this figure.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Very nice work, Mike.

5 out of 5 Tacos!

20. autobotchico

autobotchico Well-Known Member

amazing work blows everyone else out the water w/ this one..too cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.