Minor/Repaint: RoTF Leader Prime touch up

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Thunder_Cracker, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

I've always been reading this section about customs, mods, and paint jobs, and I've always been amazed of how much you can improve a figure with a little paint and some kit-bashing :D 

I recently purchased RoTF Leader Prime and the figure is really cool, but the fail paint job issue is an eyesore... So, since many of the people here do custom paint jobs and touch ups, I've decided to give it a try :D 

I've aimed for a movie accurate paint job. For reference, I've used Tcracker's Prime paint app, Frenzy_Rumble's pics and custom, and some high res pics of Buster Prime:

Work in progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished:

[​IMG]

Windows and chest lights

[​IMG]

Head
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swords
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He takes your face!

[​IMG]

I don't have Gold, Red, or normal/metallic silver, so obviously some bits are missing :p  But I'm very well pleased how he turned out for my first custom :D 

I've always thought of customizing and modding to be a hard thing to do and very time consuming, but I was proven so very wrong :)  It was very fun to do and not so hard at all :D  But maybe because I just painted over some bits, who knows :p 

Credit to the many hard working people who have taken their time to style their own figures and allowing others to leech of their ideas :D 

Attached Files:

2. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Nice. :)  It's those three blue-spot touch ups that I've seen a couple of people miss. The ones under his chest, the feet, and the upper arm bands. Lately, people have been getting those spots too, but I just remember the first few I saw didn't have all that. Great job--it blends in naturally with the rest of the blue plastic on him. The other little details also help a lot with adding to the toy. :) 

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good, and welcome to the radicons comunity bud!

4. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hey great job man, watever floats ur boat and makes u satisfied is whats important. some people to big changes and others do little, but whatever makes u like ur OP more is all that counts!

5. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Only thing I see that still needs doing is removing the eyesore autobot emblem on the sunvisor. Other wise boss custom