Heavy/Scratch: RoTF Leader Prime Gun... or close to it

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Thunder_Cracker, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Shortly after I got my hands on my Leader Class Optimus, enjoyed the figure, gave him some decent paint apps...
    But, there was something missing in the equation... He didn't have his guns with him!!

Now I know many people here have made their own style of guns for Optimus, and I'm eternally grateful because you sparked in me the motivation to make my own near accurate guns so that the figure could feel complete and save me the trouble (and money) of getting Buster Prime

But enough formalities, I present to you my first attempt at building something from scratch! I do hoe you enjoy :) 

Well, it's more like a rifle than a gun :p 

[​IMG]

Close up on the actual thing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few poses with the gun
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not today! Or maybe, gimme your face!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Armed with a gun to match his Energon Cleavers, Optimus Prime can now shoot the faces off his enemies to save time,
    or get in close and personal for brutal Face-Taking-Action :D 

Now, you gotta ask yourself this.... Do you feel.. cheated off your money for not getting a gun with this figure,
    since it's easy to make apparently? :p 

* Got some bad news, and some good news.... The bad news is, I didn't take pictures of WIP for this,
    the good news is that I've got the materials to make another gun and will be posting "How to make.." pictures soon enough :) 

** The handle is a bit hard to keep in place if you move the arm alot, my idea to fix this is to drill a bit into the gun so the handle would hold in place

*** Coated first with Tomoya Gray, then colored all with Tomoya Chrome Silver for a nice shiny finish

C&C are, as always, more than welcome :) 

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

:thumb 

3. InFluenc3

InFluenc3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Great job, but I would suggest adding a little more "bulk" since the gun looks rather slim, and lol at the Megatron missing an arm.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

love me some guns! looks good.

5. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, bulk up the gun a bit :) 

6. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

i love me some guns too!!! ya but bulk it up.. haha.. bigger base realy is all that is necessary. .. the front stout is fine

7. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Thanks alot :D 

Thanks! I think it's a bit too slim aswell, but I'm not sure HOW to bulk it up any further, I don't have TFTM Prime, so that's kinda out of the question

Any ideas are more than welcome :) 

Yeah, I took off his arm because I was slicing it off to give him an elbow joint as well as a transformable canon/murder arm :lol 

8. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hmm. i have a idea for a gun but its actually my little secret and part of my next custom haha.. it will be up in a couple of days.. lets just say if u have a spare ROTF ironhide.. u should be good

9. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Pretty good. I'd also suggest adding some bulk (like some of those upward pointing cylinders his rifle has) to the main body of the gun. The barrel is fine. :)