Rotf leader optimus repaint

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NEST SOLDIER, Nov 14, 2011.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I recently began my first attempt at a repaint of this figure to highlight the gray areas as silver, and really screwed up. I especially messed up the cab area as the red flames and blue paint are now slightly faded after attempting to clean up excess paint.

Does anyone know how I can salvage this figure without having to toss him? Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks:confused: 

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Get a Battle Hooks Prime and steal his cab cover... like I did when I destroyed my Prime's cab.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I may do that if I find that I have no other alternative. Any advice for cleaning up the acrylic paint I applied without damaging the factory paint?

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best bet.. Get a junket with the parts you need... It's going to be difficult to salvage the paints from those parts unless you just buy a set of flame stencils from someone and repaint them all together..

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Would you consider painting over the whole part? I was painting the inside of the semi top (Prime's back) silver to accentuate the mechanical parts in there. But now I wish I had left more blue in the background, so I'm planning just to paint those areas blue...

7. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The solution would depend on the problem - showing us a pic (w/o revealing what you're working on) would help us give you better advice?