Customs: ROTF Leader Optimus Prime Chest Fix

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TornadoQuakeX, May 30, 2009.

1. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Have trouble pegging in Optimus Prime's chest peices? Are they ready to break? Then follow this easy procedure to make it a snap to get those pieces in!

Ok first, all you need is an exacto-knife, or any sharp knife that is small enough.

1) Look at the vertical groove where you peg the chest pieces into.

2)See those small horizontal lines on either side of his speaker chest? You want to cut a small hole into those lines, starting from the bottom of that small detailed area up to about three of those horizontal lines. Cut just about a millimeter deep.

3) The pegs should now slide right into that hole you made and you will now no longer have to break those pegs to get this to work! :) 

I hope this procedure helps you guys! I have attached a pic for a better visual description. I circled the holes I made.

Attached Files:

2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I might do this when I get a rotf Prime. From what I've heard, peopl are having a lot of trouble with these.

3. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

Tagging this so I can try it later. Thanks.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the heads-up bud! :thumbs2:  I just got mine yesterday but haven't open it yet. saving this thread as a point of reference later on.

5. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

I would cut the red tab shorter instead of cutting a hole on the grey body slot. About 4/5 the way up the slot, the width of the slot is a bit wider. There is the spot where you want to pull the red tab out. Need to pull pretty hard, but it will come off. Once its out for the first time, sand the red peg down or cut a bit off with xacto knife. It would work really well and aesthetically more pleasing. If you just pull it out for once, its not likely you'll stress it much, unless repeated transformation without the mod. Then the stress mark will worsen, and in some case, the red tab broke off.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, don't cut the body! just cut the red tab a fraction of a milimeter shorter, and it'll be fine, and no one will ever notice. thats what I did. you cant tell I modded anything.

7. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I'm glad that wasn't just my Prime. It doesn't bother me enough to do the mod. If i need to, I'll just sand down the peg. Shame, such a beautiful toy.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I just cut a small bit off the peg. It works better that way, plus it's unoticeable. Your method seems pretty good too, but I seems like more trouble. Takara and Hasbro shouldv'e just engineered the peg smaller so we don't have to cut it.

9. TornadoQuakeX

You're welcome, guys. However, you guys do know the mod isn't noticable at all right? Just during transformation.

10. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

Mine is fine

11. TornadoQuakeX

Bump for people needing help!

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Didn't somebody else already post this exact fix in the feedback thread?

Anyway, I did it and it works great. I'd rather do this than cut the pegs - if you cut the pegs too short you're screwed, and you STILL have to force it a little. This way the parts slide in and out effortlessly, and they can't come out accidentally.

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yeah, I posted the same thing in the feedback thread, still I think it's good that it's in more than one place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I maintain that it's better to cut the chest vs. the red tabs, as the red tabs are thin and fragile and it seems like it'd be better to cut or file the piece that is less likely to be weakened by the process.

The modification is completely invisible in all modes, really easy to do, and makes it smooth and easy to get the chest pieces out with no worries about future weakening or stressing of the chest pieces.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    An excellent mod, and hardly noticable at all. I'll be doing this to my leader Prime when I get back to the UK. Thank you!

15. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Will be doing this when i get mine.