Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Leader Megs

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by The Deej, Jan 4, 2010.

1. The Deej

The Deej Well-Known Member

It is a pretty good custom, and I would really love to finish it, but I am honstly out of funds for this project. The elbow and other mods bug me really badly, but it holds together well enough on a shelf. I also got his head to move independantly from his chest panels and dissabled the PEW PEW sounds whenever you move his elbow.

The murder arm was quite the undertaking, but I managed to get it to be more screen accurate and still transform. Kinda fumbled a bit on the modding, and some of the panels like to shift, but it hold together well enough.

I also included a shot of him in natural lighting, since my lightbox and camera seem to disagree on what's white and what's yellow.

...I kinda wish I built a bigger lightbox.

Attached Files:

2. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Could you please explain how you are able to have the murder arm claws close up on each other in robot mode but can still be spread out again fro vehicle mode? :) 

Yours, for my any way, is the first one I see that has that mechanic looking so clean and precise ^_^

Great custom nonetheless :thumb 

3. MatrixDesigns

MatrixDesigns Banned

Looks awesome buddy! How did you make the murder arm? I cant beleive its still transformable and looks so natural, like it was factory made.
    You mention you run out of funds...does that mean it isnt complete? Doesnt look like it needs anything else adding from where im sitting. Great job!

4. The Deej

Yeah, it's incomplete. His rubbery bits aren't painted. You can see some purple on one of them where I tried to coat it with apple barrel acrylics in order to give my flat black something to stick to, but that didn't work, so I tried my best to clean them off.

I also want to swap out his elbow for something which works better, but again, I'm out of funds, and I'm not even sure I could because I cut so much from the lower arm.

Also, since you're curious Thunder_Cracker, I used a stupidly larger number of magnets to get the arm to transform that way. Even still, it was one hell of a mod getting it the way it is. Took me a couple hours to get it even halfway right.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good. Interesting that you used magnets to secure everything.Hope to see more from you soon.

6. The Deej

Probably gonna sell this guy off to buy some paints. I've got a a couple other figures I'm modding, but can't get any work done on them without paint.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You sell, get more paints, then remake this and others. We must see more work from you.

8. The Deej

Thanks for the compliment. If I can find a suitable box, I'll probably be putting him up on ebay tomorrow along with my Bumblebee.

9. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I love it.I like what you did with the murder arm
    P.S. Takara,we've seen what you did with prime,now do it with megs!

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks great! So what did you do with the head?

11. The Deej

There's two knobs on the neck piece holding the head to a peg on the chest panel backing piece. I removed the knobs and peg, though I think removing the knobs are good enough to get full head articulation... well, more if not full.

12. The Deej

13. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

look good man, murder arm looks awesome

14. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

hell yeah, love this custom.
    can you give me some tips on the "finger" flaps ? who did you make it foldable ?

15. The Deej

They look foldable, but it's actually just a bits of partsforming with magnets. I added in a 'magnet box' underneith the finger flaps to get the proper spacing and alignment.

It's a lot less mystic a mod if you simply remove one of the panels.

Attached Files:

16. The Deej

There's 3 days left on the auction. He's only $20, which is kinda discouraging. I think that might just be enough to finish one other project.

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Actually. Whats likely happening is that everyone is waiting till the deadline comes within a few minutes to make there final bid.

18. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

wow thats alot of magnets.. lol. done worry man dont be discouraged, u have to remember the current economy right now and also that fact that its janurary and everyone one is recovering from X-mas/holidays/new years lol.. money can be tight for alot of people and might not be able to spend the money on luxuries like custom transformers =P lol the custom is really good and looks great so dont be sad!

19. The Deej

It's not that I'm discouraged its not selling. I chalk that up to just getting into the selling customs business.

It's just I'd like enough money to actually do more customizing. I've got like 3 projects on my desk which are at a standstill because I can't afford paints.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

See, I always thought the murder arm should have been able to close up like that. Makes a world of difference.

Nicely done. :cool: