Minor/Repaint: ROTF Leader Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mgschris, Apr 2, 2011.

1. mgschris

mgschris Member

Hello Radicons,

Here is my take on ROTF Leader Megatron. Bare in mind this is my first try at modifying/painting a figure.

So it might look like crap to you but its a start for me! :) 

Its just a basic ROTF Leader Megatron where i chopped the Claw arm of at the common V shape part of the arm and added a ratcheting/rotating elbow from a spare ROTF Leader Jetfire.

I chopped the wings of the claw and added rare earth magnets ontop of the turrent and inside the two claw parts to make it look more like the Murder arm in the movie but can also be removed for a more classic cannon type arm.

I've also modified the head/neck by adding a baljointed neck and taking apart the head it self to affix the wing parts to his head a bit diffrently to give the effect that his face is a bit broader.

Last but not least i used GW paint and gave him a black coat first. Painted him with Gun metal silver and detailed him with shining gold.

It was allot of trial and error and im planning on probably making a better version when im a bit more experienced.

Here are some of the pictures hope you can get something out of it otherwise ill try and get a better camera to take some better pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope its a good start!

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

For your first custom, great job!

3. mgschris

mgschris Member

Thanks SonOfNemesis!

4. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    I always love it when people paint the gears and wires like that. Keep it up!

5. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish mine looked like that. Good job.

6. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

that is a great job man! everythiing came out great! you must be very satisfied!

7. mgschris

mgschris Member

Will do thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks and yes i am very satisfied even though it was a minor retool/paint job im glad it turned out well cause it has given me the drive to start other customs for my private collection.

Thank you all for the nice comments

8. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

good to hear! and it was very good experience for you and shows you that you can do things that you probably didnt think u could of before... and now you have a better understanding of things, your abilities and potential.. you can no tackle new projects and ideas!

9. mgschris

mgschris Member

Precisely i already have 3 things planned that i would start.
    But i wanted to make sure i could finish this and i also needed to figure out a better way to create joints and im still getting used to painting.

So far my plans are to have a transformable Power up Prime, A leader class fallen and im still hunting down a cheap G1 reissue Omega supreme that i can make more articulate and repaint.