Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Leader Megatron?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by lostnfound, Jul 13, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I've been trying to tinker around a little bit more and tweak my tf's here and there lately. Recently, Leader Megatron has come to mind from the ROTF line.

To be honest, the small left arm/hand doesn't bother me as much as it seems to most people. It could use some redoing, but isn't first priority. My biggest problem is how clumsy Megs' huge right arm looks without an elbow. Now, I actually kind of like the design and would like to keep it, but the fact that there is no elbow or anything give it ridiculously low articulation and pose-ability.

So, I would like to know if there are anyways to mod his right arm without trashing the design of it? Meaning, can you put some articulation in there somehow, without giving him a whole new "tank arm"?

Also, like I said, if there is some way to fix his tiny left arm that would help too. I don't need a whole new arm or weapon or anything, just some fix that will allow it to not look so small in comparison with the other arm.

I'm trying to get started on doing my own customizations so any help is very much appreciated.

DSCN0286.jpg

2. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Actually, the murder arm is fairly easy to mod. Just chop it in half and glue in an elbow joint of your choosing. I used the elbow from TFTM Voyager Megs... only real design change might be that the murder arm is a little longer

3. lostnfound

The most ideal part to out an elbow in for the big arm looks to be right beyond where that second screw is. Right where the portion that has the red "button" ends. Wouldn't there be a better or more efficient way to put a join in there than to simply cut it and glue it?

4. lostnfound

Nothing?

5. lostnfound

Oh, and btw. If there is a decent way to fix megatron's "blade" that flips down and turns his claw into a sword so that it isn't floppy and actually stays, that would help a ton as well.

6. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    The sword, originally what I did was remove the spring and added a couple drops of super glue onto the joint, move the blade back and forth till the glue is dry and vola nice sturdy blade. My megatron is... well.. i ended up deciding to throw movie accuracy out the window and got him to look good in both modes

On the elbow mod not really. I cut the arm right under the v shaped piece on his bicep. the arm is fairly hollow there, so i just inserted the top portion of the elbow joint and glued it in with a mix of hot glue and super glue. I did the same with the lower section

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  7. lostnfound

You put the spring back though right?

And btw, maybe I'm a huge giant noob, in fact I'm sure that I am. But I'm trying to somehow make his gimp arm, less gimpy. But how do you take it apart? The hinges where the elbow and hands and fingers and what not swivel have no screws or anything, the only screws are at the very top of the arm. Do you have to take the entire arm apart there?

Thanks btw.

8. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    I didn't take his gimp arm apart... I just glued some bits to it to make it look less gimp and gave it a new hand.

No, I didn't put the spring back. Didn't really matter to me, but I'm sure you could put it back

9. lostnfound

Yeah, I seen Jazz's megatron where he used bits from deluxe wheelie's hands and I really like the look. But it looked like it was kind of just glued on top of the original hand. Is there a "cleaner" way to do that?

10. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits: