ROTF Leader Megatron...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metallitron, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Ok, Ive been holding off from buying this guy ever since he came out. Now I Love the figure accept the fact that he has no elbow joint on his "claw" arm and his "gimp" arm. I would repaint him of course, But I wonder if hasbro has forseen this and hopefully release Megs with a new paint job and a new arm at the very least. then Id buy it. But being as how hasbro has made it a fact i think that they will NOT be releasing any sort of "Premium" versions so does this mean/ What is out is what you get or like repaints of characters we know we will be getting...Later on when the line is dying off they have to rerelease some of these to make their $$$ back...i dunno..I want to buy him but I dunno if i wanna drop 40 bucks on him just yet..unless someone finds and easy way to customize the "gimp" lol

2. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i thought the same thing. the exact same thing. but then i got him out of impulse at costco. 35 bucks. i knew i wouldnt find it cheaper so i got him.

he is probably my favorite ROTF figure. even above prime. he is so full of awesome that the gimp and the joint dont even matter. the awesome overflows and covers up the lame parts

3. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If its anything like the first movie Leader Megs, he'll be on the shelf for awhile (not that we know for sure). I can't speak for everywhere, but I know he was far easier to find than either Prime or Brawl. Plus its early enough that you don't have to worry about not finding any figures yet. If you are worried about it I'd just hold out on it for awhile. The downside is that we don't know if we are getting a Premium line or not. I'm sure Hasbro is more prepared for the demand this time around, but for all we know they can randomly announce it at anytime.

The first Premium line retooled the Leader OP mold a decent amount, so if it did happen a retooling of Leader Megatron isn't really out of the question. I doubt they would fix the arms, but he may at least get a better paint job and head sculpt.

4. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Just wait until the third movie for a movie accurate leader sized Megatron. Stick to the Voyager for now. :thumbs2: 

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honest question here; what makes him so "awesome"? All I see is a gray robot with no elbow joints, and an alt mode that is still un-inspiring like movie 1 Megatron. Not to mention visible head syndrome, and the tank not even being a disguise to speak of. Poor Megatron hasn't had a cool Alt form in either of the two movies. What do you see in it that I'm missing?

I was going to get the Voyager one, but that thing looks like a failed robot ninja turtle tank. At least it's far larger than that tiny Mixmaster, but that alt mode for Voyager Megs is just bleh. :yuck 

6. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    first off, the alt mode is great! it may seem bad but in hand it is amazing. its wayyyyyy better than tf1's alt mode. and the reason he is so awesome is because, its megatron with an arm canon that looks as menacing as the leader of the bad guys should. the bio also makes him seem cooler. i mean hes a monster! he is just a bunch of broken machines take out all the good parts and make something out of it. he is a zombie. and they didnt have another good limb. so thats where the gimp comes from. the feet are amazing. if u put the treads up it looks like he is walking on treads. its like robot hiking boots. and yes the fact the is no join does kind of bug me, but when fully transformed ( the super cannon and sword deployed) it looks so cool that it makes you forget all about the no joint. when playing with it i just point it at the autobot and pretend to blow him away.i personally think that a joint would have been cool but the ratchet, knowing hasbro, would be off and the arm couldnt be straight. IM LOOKING AT YOU ENERGON SHOCKBLAST!!!! anyways i love this figure overalll including the alt mode. i think they are both fucking epic

EDIT: and about the visible head. it actually camoflauges in pretty good. that being said it is still visible, and that being said its not nearly as bad as movie 1's and for a tank, it stands out way less then comb eared armada megatron

7. Metallitron

News Credits:
    True, Maybe this time around they will give Megs the effort he deserves. I mean lets face it, a few changes and your all set with some what of a "movie accurate" figure even with that mech alive!! I want that arm that has all those metal prong/fingers...it can be done;)  here for hopin i guess..lol

8. newguy

newguy i

I'll probaly get him, just to make a ggod collection

9. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply. You make very good points. Maybe I've been too hard on this one. This does seem more interesting than the Voyager one.

As far as Premiums go, I really don't care either way. At least the gray plastic on ROTF Megatron looks better than movie 1 Megatron's blueish, grayish thing that was out in 2007.

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I too have been holding off on leader Megatron. There's a ton of conversions in the customs pages of fixed arms and paint schemes, but I just feel that a figure shouldn't need fixed out of the package to be better. If I'm paying $45 for a figure, it should be worth it. Leader Megs may be great, but it seems like you get more for your dollar out of leader Prime.
    I'll get Megatron eventually, but I'm liking the Voyager version better. The alt mode is more accurate and I just like the sculpt better.

11. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    After staring at pictures of the two side by side for 15 minutes, I actually think the Voyager looks a bit better overall. It's hard, it seems like each one lacks something the other has:lol  If only they had combined the two...

12. Metallitron

News Credits:
    See, hasbro needs THIS ^...They made TF1 Prime look too bulky and made this which I consider "masterpiece", ROTF Prime which is worth 45 dollars for sure! I painted this guy up and does hold its accuracy trust me, Megs, for both movie, does quite add up..Would we all love a "BADASS" Leader Megs to go with this awesome Prime that you gave us....DONT LEAVE US HANGIN!!!!lol

13. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I was 'forced' to buy Leader Megs in order to get Leader Prime as a set. I'm now glad of this decision. It's so much fun that I probably love it more than Prime!

14. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Leader Megs is actually very movie accurate in both modes. Much more than the voyager one. I didn't think I'd really like the leader Megs too much at first, but after I actually bought him, he really is freakin awesome! The lack of an elbow joint in the one arm does bother me a little, but Frenzy_Rumble had a pretty nice looking fix to this in the radicons that I might try. This Megatron is a thousand times better than 07 Megs. I recommend him.

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sole reason I got Leader Megs was for in-scaleness with Prime. And while it is debatable whether Voyager or Leader Megs is better, it is certain that Leader Prime is leagues better than the Voyager.

16. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i was just playing with both and although Prime when standing still looks better, megatron is a far better toy. toys are meant to be played with and i find myself having way more fun playing with megs. i like him more than prime now too.

17. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    My little brother got him, and as I messed with Megs, I realised: although he's a total piece of crap,(Hyperbole FTW!^_^) he is huge, scary, and more evil looking than most other tfs. He cant be posed as much as I wanted,his soft rubber ends kept him from doing some things, and deluxe tfs were to heavy to be held and choked to death by his murder arm; His gimp arm wasn't as good as I expected, and his sword was floppy, but even with all these problems, I really liked him. 0_o
    He does his job: He looks like a big, hulking, monster.
    All in all: He sucks, but in a good way ;) 

18. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I would buy Megatron if you're debating it. I will buy him once Premiums come out. Hasbro never said they we're doing premiums, only that they have no plans for them THIS YEAR. Anyone who has seen the Target Exclusive "ON FIRE THE FALLEN" due out in November knows that premium style repaints are coming out eventually. I can't wait for Prime his colors will be brighter and he will probably have guns too. Megatron will probably be more metallic.