Minor/Repaint: ROTF Leader Megatron with Realistic Wear

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Automaster, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

Jul 2, 2002
    News Credits:
    What a difference any paint at all makes on this figure. He is truly massive and menacing, but the straight out of the box figure just doesn't capture that feeling. I had so much fun customizing this Megs. It's my first one in almost 2 years since my son was born. It's so hard to find time for my customizing when a toddler is running around.

I used Tamiya gunmetal gray dry brushed silver/chrome on after. He has rust and corrosion highlights all over his body and in tank mode. You just don't sit at the bottom of the ocean for 2 years and come out looking like a pretty flower. In the movie he looks even worse (as in better with detail) as a result of swimming for so long. :)  I do have plans to do a few more little highlights here and there plus maybe a blackwash. I took him all apart and painted almost the entire surface plus insides of the toy to give it a complete look. The electronics still work.

I'm probably going to put a listing out on ebay for a 2nd one as a commission if anyone is interested in a messed up real world corroded and worn Megatron.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    wow. love the rust and weathered effect!