ROTF Leader Jetfire Rebuild

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by tonysandlin, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Oh god. This will be quite the project.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

I'll be taking a break on this for now while I finish the fall semester at school. The legs are the most challenging part to figure out atm. I want the knee not to be a faux part, but figuring out how to hide the foot and shin in Alt mode is tough. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    I've already decided that there is no way to completely hide the chest and hips in Alt mode, but they will be thinner. The back will be filled in with excess panels and part of the fuselage. I really wish I could just start from scratch, because the transformation I have planned out would be much easier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    There's going to have to be some sacrifices, it's to be expected.

Good. Take your time, don't burn yourself out or break something you can't fix.

4. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

I knew I couldn't realistically hide the entire robot in the alt mode, but at the very least it will have significantly less kibble. The torso and feet should be the only things visible when looking at the side.
    I think I'll need to rip apart the legs and completely reconstruct them, so that will be a fun challenge. I fear I won't be able to give him strong enough knees from a scratch build of the legs.

I'm planning on buying a cheap, incomplete Jetfire to use as the guinea pig in case I ruin something.

5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    That's a good idea.