ROTF Leader Jetfire Pictorial review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, May 23, 2009.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Its ok. Not as amazing as ROTF leader optimus was.Getting everything to line up in vehicle mode is a pain due to two panels being on ball joints.

• Like Like x 1
  2. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    He was alright. Sold him when I got Jetwing Prime as I enjoyed that combined mode more. He was very kibbly, and pretty annoying to get into jet mode. Also, I don't know if it was just mine, but it definitely had a bend in it that I could never get straightened out.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I would be careful with the PVC parts(facial hair frills, beard, jet nose, shock cones) and the tabs that need to interlock for transformation. Otherwise it's a sturdy figure with a lot of personality and absolutely huge in jet mode. So long as you go in knowing that the combining gimmick and voice box(the latter moreso it sounds like according to the designer) compromised the figure, you might like it. Get it if you want a Jetfire figure that is great on its own but not solely for the combining gimmick. If you want it more for the latter you might be disappointed.

I'm saddened this is going for $100 or so. If it was $50 I'd say it's worth it for sure. It's definitely more solid than any leader figure since 2011. You might not need the rubber straps to lock in combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still love this one. See..I really dig the powered up prime mode. theres a few things you can do differently to make it look how you want. I still really like that. No, you would not NEED the rubber strap parts, but damn, are they not including them in the best of line? it is neat how they work, and work with prime, and they look tight in bot mode dangling from the sides.

Jet mode is still baddass. I dont care if there IS a robot all on the bottom. Sitting on a shelf or slightly looking down, the damn thing looks like a 48, 36 scale high end , SR71 model. Jet sounds are cool.

Bot mode is kinda OK until you fix the knee joints. The digitigrade? legs just collapse at any pose other that "holy shit I got it to stand" pose. I put some future in the joints, loosened and tightend screws, and its really good after that.

This was made when a leader class figure was really a toy to behold, as opposed to the smaller, cheaper feeling modern leader class.its really kick ass on its own, but add the ROTF Prime integration, and your tacking on another leader class figure onto The best EVER Leader class figure (Prime) and CMON..bullshit...you cant go wrong!! just to have a leader prime..shit..Id HAVE to have jetfire. especially knowing now how I can make it look how I want.

He did that shit in the movie..and the toys do it.

Its freakin AWESOME.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Too bad it doesnt change optimus all that much. just gives him big back pack, shoulder guards and new feet if you combine it the fan way. Wished it didnt more. If only the voyager jet powered Prime didnt get cancelled.

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed on all points....but its STILL cool.

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Jetfire's big and imposing (but not very poseable...) and goes rather nicely with Ransack and Highbrow:
    blob.jpg blob.jpg

I don't have Optimus to do the combination thing, and on his own Jetfire's kind of meh? That transformation is utterly nightmarish (says someone who's fine with Mixmaster's tf!), and both jet and robot modes have an obscene amount of kibble just piled on. I'd have loved to have gotten another toy without the need to become armor for Optimus... though I doubt it'd have been a nice and big Leader toy.

Doesn't look like the rubber parts are causing any problems, like with Bludgeon or Demolishor, if that's what you were getting at, Rewind.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Of all the movie leader figures I think Jetfire has the most personality. A cranky old bastard pissed to hell that the Fallen returned and brought him out of peaceful slumber in the Smithsonian. He even has a cane he can raise in anger to all the young Transformers that step on his lawn and lack respect for their elders. He looks like Dr. Robotnik merged with an SR71 and one of those cyber monster things from The Matrix.

Just wish it didn't have to be designed around that damn voice box.