ROTF Leader Class

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ibrahim70, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Ibrahim70

Ibrahim70 Well-Known Member

Hi

Does anyone know how many ROTF Leader Class figures will be released?

So far i've seen...

• Optimus Prime
    • Megatron
    • JetFire

Will there be any more released?

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Starscream, for a total of four.

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plus a repaint of each.

4. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can already see a G1 colored Jetfire and Starscream.

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Ew a white Blackbird? I could never buy that blasphemous thing.

6. Ibrahim70

Oh, he is available here in the UK?

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Starscream I would buy in a heartbeat. Jetfire . . . I'd have to see how the color scheme would look.

8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    He isn't out until Autumn 2010

9. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Here's hoping for a Nemesis Prime. Not sure what else they could with the Optimus. Another Nightwatch colour scheme? I imagine it's also likely that we'll have Premiums for them all, too. Although Starscream is said to be the most highly-detailed figure of the line, so maybe he won't have a Premium.

10. Ibrahim70

I wanna buy Prime and Megatron soon, not sure about JetFire as I didn't really like him much in the movie, but I have the G1 JetFire so I guess it would be cool to have the ROTF Leader as well. Cant wait for Starscream!

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe, *sniff*, maybe...

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    That would look awesome, flames and all. Give him some new weapons and I'd buy it.

13. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I'd actually like to see it. I wonder if anyone out there has done a digibash of that yet.

It seems odd to me though. You make the G1 colored RotF Jetfire, Prime wears him like armor, it's a red & blue Transformer wearing white armor; It's the anti-Magnus.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Number announced by Hasbro: four.
    Number wanted by "the fans": Every character from the film. And several from other lines. Yes, Lugnut is from Animated not ROTF, but why won't Hasbro listen to the fans, goddamn it?! Who do they think they are, a multinational company who have been selling toys for longer than most of us have been alive?

Oh.

Yeah, four Leaders have been announced. Smart money is on there being a repaint of each one. Hasn't the repaint/remold of Prime already been announced?

15. Shockscream

News Credits:
    But he combines with Prime to make uber-coolness! As for Starscream, I agree, he is definitely something to look forward to.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    No, but I wouldn't be surprised if hits the states next year.

17. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Several things.

One, funny, I hadn't scrolled down the page entirely when I started reading your post, didn't glance at who it was from, and halfway through I thought, "Man, don't let someone like Optimus Sledge see this". Then I look, and it's you. :D 

Secondly, from a fan standpoint, I don't see what's wrong with that kind of sentiment. In any given series there are larger characters, and yet many of them never see the size class that seemed made for them. Whether we're talking Leader Class Lugnut, Leader Blackout, or Supreme Animated Omega, what's such thorn in a fellow's fan's life about seeing folks out there that want these things? The continued want, I get. The hate & belittling that comes from others acting as though its their duty, their very mission to point out such things do not exist, likely never will (two things the people who want the imaginary items know well) at every turn, then slap a "so shut up" or "get over it" or "let it go" or "move on" like its the period on the sentence, that's the part I don't understand. Going after anyone just because they want something that's not and may never be available seems a little, rediculous?

Which brings me to thirdly, the manufacturer standpoint. I don't know if it's just the great Dallas/Fort Worth area I live in, but Leaders do well so I don't understand this apparent thought by some fans to constantly imply Leader class figures never do well. They get eaten up just like any other figure. It's only at the end of a line, when none of the toys are moving much any more, that you get stragglers, which still get thinned out until the end. Name a line in the last five or six years and I'll tell you honestly by the end there were some Leaders, some Voyagers, Ultras, Deluxes, Scouts, etc leftover. So why wouldn't Hasbro take a little hint here & there and listen to the fans of its products? I know, I know, some will insist any idea of them getting input from the client base is nothing more than wishful fanwanks, but no matter what ignorant label is slapped on it, it still makes sense. They're a manufacturing company with a customer base, why is it so brow-raising to think maybe they should listen more to said clients? Especially when, say, a certain character who is a larger individual, has a repaint scheme in-fiction already, and apparently shows up as a want from fans constantly to the point some people sharing space on a message board feel the need to be annoyed by the constant desire?

Now, quick, some master of the obvious tell me "it'll never happen" and follow it up with "so let it go"! :thumbs2: 

Or one of these :deadhorse: , yeah!

18. Shockscream

News Credits:
  19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I thought there was a remold with a gun instead of swords? Or am I thinking of a third party kit?

20. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Takara's Buster Primes still has swords but his fuel tanks combine into 1 gun and he has a face instead of mask

We don't know if that's coming to the US

And there's also TFC's (?) Gear of War 2 which has 2 guns for Movie Prime that can also be used with Alternity Prime and Classics Prime