ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime Repaint.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by G1_Leet, Jul 16, 2009.

1. G1_Leet

G1_Leet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro's ability to paint these figures are mostly a matter of cost and the durability of the figure. There's nothing to learn.

Also, you should really post this, or better yet, pictures of this in the Radicons with the rest of the art. It'd probably get more hits from genuinely interested members.

3. G1_Leet

News Credits:

Thanks, I probably will.

4. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Nit picky aren't you? lol

5. G1_Leet

News Credits:

Well, in all honesty, yeah, when it comes to figures. I get pretty damn picky. I am an artist afterall.

But i'm not without my reasons. Here's why.

Case and point, when Hasbro came out with the 2007 movie toy line, they had the original line, then the BS Premium line. Now, why they did'nt introduce a normal line and a premium line together with the 09 release is beyond me.

With the 07 toyline, they had practically both lines on shelves, alongside some of the repaints they did with other figures.

It's annoying because they force you to get the Premium ones that are much more movie accurate in detail than the first figures lines. Even though the Premiums werent perfect, considering a lot of TF fans still had to paint them to get them accurate, it is still a nice offer, even though I thought for the most part they were pointless.

I know Hasbro has to consider costs an everything, I understand completely, but it would be nice to see them go a little further with their quality. Because paying $45.00 for a Leader Class figure should have all the bells and whistles.

I mean, aside from the main parts of Prime that are painted correctly, well look at how much I had to do, nearly the entire damn thing.

Why bother paying so much money if they are not going to paint it accurately? I mean, at that point they might as well just sell the thing as a blank slate and then let you paint it. Don't get me wrong, Optimus is an amazing figure, superb details and articulation. But a dull paint job does not highlight all of the details of the mold, giving it an underwhelming sense.

But when you do a paint job like mine, well the results speak for themselves.