Minor/Repaint: ROTF Leader class Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by zeroXII, Jun 21, 2009.

1. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Yet again, another one of these suckas gets repainted. Guess Hasbro always gets lazy when it comes to Bayformer's Megs figures.

I like this mold. Maybe more than Prime. He's awful fun to mess around with, there's lots of intricate details in the mold, and his tank mode is just badass. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, especially the gimp arm, but he's definitely a step up from the previous movie figure. I removed the two shoulder pieces that cover his face in tank mode to make him look less hunched in bot mode.

So like many others before me, i gave him a simple coat of silver and gunmetal, and added some gold/copper details. I'm not completely satisfied with the detailing, some of it got really smudgy and i had to go over it a few times, and i wish i could add some more but the paint marker tip was not fine enough for me to reach the delicate areas. Ah well...

In case anybody asks, i use Tamiya spraypaints. TS-76 Mica silver and TS-42 Light gun metal. Hope this helps and enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Although a bit monochrome for my taste (i assume you had the g1 megs in mind), a very clean paintjob!

3. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Yeah he's somewhat plain-ish, but i love the shine he has in person. Pics here don't really show it off well, thanks to the flash. Gotta get me a proper set up for taking pics.

Thanks for the opinion anyway!

4. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    I think you did an amazing job. Honest! It's not easy working with a spray can and I really think you did an amazing job!

5. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Thanks Sabrina. Nice to have support from back home :D 

Took some better pics, not sure how to edit attachments, if at all possible:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]