Minor/Repaint: ROTF Kup

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Dec 22, 2009.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As you can see, this custom was made from 2007 Movie Voyager Offroad Ironhide with certain parts (rear piping/smokestacks, bullbar, rifle, mini-gun, and daggers) repainted and transplanted from ROTF Voyager Recon Ironhide.

In addition, I used colors that closely match the colors on the rest of the figure so that the repainted parts would appear to be his own.

The yellow area on his stomach was painted over with Testors Acryl Ford/GM Engine Blue paint and the yellow areas on his legs were painted over with Testors PollyScale Engine Black paint.

His weapons (rifle, mini-gun, and daggers) were painted over with Testors Acryl Brawnviolett RLM 81 paint and Vallejo Acrylic Deep Sky Blue paint.

After they dried up, all repainted parts were sealed with Pledge Future Shine Premium Floor Finish.

For the head, I carved off most of the top with my rotary tool, filled in the exposed holes with Loctite Epoxy Putty from Wal-Mart, sanded and smoothed it out with my rotary tool, and repainted the whole head with Testors Acryl Ford/GM Engine Blue paint. The reason for this was to make his head look a little less like 2007 Movie Voyager Ironhide’s head and a little more like his G1 head.

Transplanting the rear piping/smokestacks and bullbar from ROTF Voyager Recon Ironhide onto the custom was easy. All I had to do was unscrew both figures in the respective places and screw in the parts from the original figure onto the custom.

I have retained 2007 Movie Voyager Offroad Ironhide’s original weapons on this figure as a gatling cannon on his right arm and quad missile launcher on his left arm.

The end result is this take on the old Autobot with pics:

The first 4 pics are of his alternate mode. The 5th pic is of his attack mode, Pics 6 through 9 are of his robot mode, Pics 10 and 11 are straight and angled close-ups of his head. Pic 12 shows his repainted weapons and Pic 13 show his weapons mounted on the back of his robot mode.

Attached Files:

2. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

nice blue paint job. weapons look cool with it too..

3. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Nice job on the model, but, um...his stats would make him a Prime...or close to it.

4. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    In the Movieverse, Kup must be descended from the Ancient Primes in order to be a Prime himself.

5. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry mate, but I don't feel this as Kup whatsoever. I think the head looks wrong, and Kup isn't the gun'toting type anyway?

You can obviously paint (that part looks A-ok!), how about a more grayish-blue colour for him?

Please consider this as a constructive-like comment, I'm just trying to help, not discourage you!!!

6. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    I understand.

But the way I see it, If Michael Bay can make Ironhide a trigger-happy hard-ass, then I can at least make my take on Kup a gun-toting hard-ass.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like everything you've done with this. You took a very mediocre figure and made him cool. Great work :thumb 

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I am in favor of making anyone into a hard-ass. Very cool.

9. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Without getting into a Bay-verse discussion about how similar / dissimilar the characters they are to other line counterparts, I believe that many characters from Bay's films aren't a whole lot like the originals.

For the record, I don't see much of Kup in this character either, but doesn't mean that this isn't or can't be OmarJT82's version of what ROTF Kup would be.