Minor/Repaint: ROTF Jolt

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mampy, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    When I first transformed this figure I had half the mind to just throw it away - inaccurate face sculpt, puny whips, that weird-looking triangular thing behind his head, all the allspark blue - all added up to one ugly figure. It was only when I saw capcomkai's awesome custom Jolt did I see that the mold had potential. A few little mods here and there, and voila!

Thank you so much to capcomkai for providing lots of helpful reference pics, ideas, and inspiration!

Please click on the thumbnails to enlarge the pics. :) 

[​IMG]

Whips were taken from an ML Omega Red. They don't light up but I think they have good heft, flexibility, and some nice detailing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alt mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just to tease into my next post, who is missing from this pic? :p 

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! You may see more pics of this and my other customs on the following pages:

My Flickr page
    Radicons Customs Gallery

Attached Files:

2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate on the other mods apart from the whips (which, to me, are a bit too thick and they look more like Dr. Octopus' tentacles. Perhaps, whiplash's whips from iron man 2 figures could be a much better substitute?).

3. mampy

News Credits:
    Thanks for droppin' by!

I modded the head (cut the horns and attached a flat pc of plastic as a crest) and cut out some pieces of plastic near his knee to allow for a little more flexibility (which I ended up not using anyway because I prefer trying to make him look as chicken-legged as possible).

I agree they're too thick to be real whips. I also took a look at the Whiplash whips (too short for my tastes, if there was a 6"-scale Whiplash it would've been perfect), various Doc Ock tentacles (some had suction cups, some were even thicker), and some of the more popular options such as wires and twisties (no mechanical detail). Found the Omega Red tentacles to be the best compromise and they look cool IMO albeit being too thick. :) 

4. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

awesome work mampy, you are such a great custom builder, and you've done jolt proud!! brilliant job,
    all the best
    colin

5. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Really nice job man, looks awesome!!

6. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    why people keep saying jolt its an ugly figure?
    i relly love this figure, properly transformed its one of the best rotf, but
    the triangle thingy behind his head its actually in the movie, so it counts as accurated
    but overall you made a great job modding this figure, not my type but it looks really good, specially the paint and the whips

7. mampy

News Credits:
    Thanks man! I don't really do much building on my stuff (mostly repaints), but I try my best. :) 

Thanks! Am glad you think so!

Well as with any figure it's a matter of personal preference. :)  I guess it's just that there are more people who don't particularly like the mold. Thanks for pointing out the bit about the triangle thingy. I've heard that it's in the CG model, just felt that it didn't look too good and hindered neck articulation.

Thanks for droppin' by and for the comments! :) 

8. grinkrystal

grinkrystal Replicator

News Credits:
    hanefs lufet! jolt is also one of my fav!

9. capcomkai

capcomkai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    wow!!!this JOLT is nice!!!! even the whips is a little too thick . but the whole result is quite awesome!!!! great job mampy!!!!

10. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Nice work!

11. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lookin' good. I actually want to paint Jolt myself. That ting behind his head is actually sceen accurate, though it is a little bigger than what's on screen.

12. mampy

News Credits:
    Salamat idol! :)  Why don't you paint up your own Jolt? Would make a great diorama with OP and a Jetfire corpse!

Thank YOU, man. Would've gotten nowhere if it wasn't for your custom Jolt. :thumb 

Thanks! :) 

Thanks man! Go ahead and start painting! :)  Just be sure to post pics afterwards.

I agree its movie accurate, but removing it is just one of those artistic liberties I've taken to make the fig look a little better. :) 

13. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I agree, it looks a million better. I was trying to figure out if I could hinge it somehow.