Minor/Repaint: ROTF jolt paint detail and mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deceptihunter, Jan 18, 2010.

1. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

I finished my jolt detail the other day. But I really didn't like the way that the legs looked. Especially the feet! I can't stand the way his feet looked straight out of the package. So I fixed it. I just swapped the legs and put them on backwards. It is still fully transformable, the only extra thing is that you have to rotate the waist during transformation. I added some red to his chest and painted the clear blue armor on his chest dark blue to give some added depth. I just didn't like the solid clear blue chest. Anyway, here it is! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it

3. TFElite

TFElite Active Member

Ahh, this makes him look really cool! Gotta try it if i get him!

4. deceptihunter

Oh yeah, I also scrapped the triangular lookin thing behind his head. This gives him much more articulation in his head.

5. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

And I thought I was the only one who did this! LOL. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that stupid piece of plastic has no purpose but to limit articulation.

Looks real nice man. I'm gonna go swap the legs on mine.

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I know its been over a month since this got last posted in, but since I just got to meet Deceptihunter in person, I'm going through his Radicon stuff. Pretty quick little mod, but it really makes the figure so much better.

Now I'm thinking of taking the Dremel to that back piece. Thanks for good ideas Deceptihunter!

7. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    I like the look of this. Do the knees bend okay? What is a good tool to trim the piece behind his head with?

8. deceptihunter

The knees bend just fine. I just used a pair of pliers and grabbed it vertically and 'snap'! Just make sure you don't break off too much. Then i filed the edges down. I don't have a dremmel so that's how i did it. very simple but i don't know how it will be with a dremmel.

9. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I used a dremel to cut off the part behind the head. It's just a small part, so it's not too tough to do.

I did some disassembly (remove a few screws from the torso) until I got the gray piece that makes up the back/behind the head by itself. I did this so I didn't have to worry about cutting up the head, or the arms or anything else accidentally. Then I just cut it with a non-dremel brand dremel type tool.

Although once you disassemble enough you can probably cut it fairly easy with a hobby saw or something, without using a dremel. Just cut as straight as you can, and touch it up later with a file, and some sandpaper to finish.

10. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Not alone. In fact, I was first on that one. Did it right after I got the figre when it first hit shelves.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/261310-potential-jolt-mod-3.html

I tried turning the legs around, but I just did not like the way the knees looked.