ROTF Jetfire UPC number?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimatron, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Anybody out there that can hook me up with these UPC/DCPI numbers? I'm also looking for Deluxe Jolt's UPC number. Thank you in advance to anyone who can lend a hand.

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

It needs to be reiterated time and again and again that DPCI numbers are not good for very much. They do not represent individual figures or even case assortments, but classes of items. Getting Jetfire's DPCI tells you absolutely nothing except whether or not Target has any ROTF Leader Class figures. DPCIs are wonderful if you're searching for the initial wave of a series of figures, or exclusive assortments, not figures released in the duration of a line.

3. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Ummm...at my target the dpci numbers let me know IF the certain character I am looking for is in stock, ANYWHERE in the store....Ya know how I know this?? Because about a week ago, I was searching for a specific figure, Human Alliance Bumblebee to be specific. I typed that number into a price scanner at Target...and wow...low and behold, it gave me information about a SINGLE figure. It actually listed HA Bumblebee by himself. Imagine that...maybe it is because the Human Alliance line is a new size class? I don't know.

So thanks for stopping by, oh and btw did you have anything useful to add to this topic thread? I believe I asked for the UPC as well.

4. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    uh thats because the HUMAN ALLIANCE BUMBLEBEE is the only figure in that specific class of figures now...wait until wave 2 comes out...

and its true.. DPCI number only helps in the initial hunt or star exclusives...

next your going to tell me that you were looking for Target Superion and punch in its DPCI number and you found him because you were looking for him...however bruticus has the same DPCI number.....UPC's only help at Walmart ... to see if there is anything on the shipping manifest or inventory.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

DPCI: Covers the assortment the figure is included in, not the specific figure itself.
    UPC: The item's own code used for sales and record keeping purposes. (This is deferred to a DPCI, or SKN in the store's computer system.)

TRU can use a UPC and find a specific figure, if the person running the computer knows what they're doing. (You should try and ask for a manager to do the search, they generally know the ins and outs of that system.)

Target also uses an ASIN number (which can be found on Amazon.com, and can be used by Target to find a specific item.) ASINs can be used to find the actual thing you're looking for, but most employees aren't trained to use the ASIN system, so it's difficult to even find an item using the number. You can tell them you have a UPC, but they'll tell you "Oh it'll just make us use the DPCI number. Do you have that?" Which will take you right back to square one of "Oh we have 10 of those in stock, but it's 10 of the assortment, it might not be the figure you're looking for."

The UPC will only work at TRU, not at Wal-Mart. (WM uses it like a DPCI.)
    The DPCI is pretty much worthless.
    The ASIN will work, but you need a manager or specially trained cashier or GSTL (Guest Service Team Leader) to make it work, in store. You can use the ASIN on Target.com, or this site here: http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php (One catch. If Target.com or your local store doesn't have the specific item in stock, it won't even show up in their search.)

But, here's the info you wanted...

UPC: 6 53569 41276 2 (Specific to Jetfire's box.)
    DPCI: 087-06-0122 (Covers the entire Leader Class, not just him specifically.)
    ASIN: B001TM5X28 (Can be used to find him, but difficult, and most aren't trained.)

Hope this helps.

And in the future, when someone gives you reliable information that's completely true, don't be a wiseass and bitch to them because they burst your bubble for you. Don't be an ingrate.

6. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    good stuff i was able to use UPC at Walmart and it works for me for specific figures....but it has to be a knowledgable person...

shuman search works sometime but i find it hokey, i have a link within target.com that all you need is ASIN...and your good...even though the item doesnt allow you to find instore it still does find it.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

El. Oh. El.

8. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Well...Bumblebee is the first in that wave and I already said maybe THAT is the reason he showed up in target's system? Sheesh...some people cannot read...or type very well...based on your review of the game...:dunce 

Appreciate that long drawn out explaination for just one piece of information I was looking for. I don't really care about teh DPCI number as Target is the only place I have ever used it. Hence the REASON I asked for the UPC in the threads TITLE. Oh, and I don't need a lecture on "completely true" information. I asked for both the UPC and DPCI, I don't need some asshat coming in my thread telling me what they're good for. Did I ask for him or any of you to explain to me what UPC or DCPIs are good for? Nah...I asked for the specific UPC and DPCI...not long drawn out WISEASS explainations. Oh....and Chosens first response was wiseass to begin with,as I wasn't looking for an explaination of DPCI, so he got the response he deserved, as will you when you read this.

9. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    much thanks for jetfire's upc

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I didn't deserve any of that rudeness as a response, especially since you asked for the info, and I gave it. The detailed response was for EVERYONE reading the thread, not just you. If it helps one person, it was worth it. If I could've done so without helping you, that would've been wonderful.

You're a rather terrible person, quite honestly, and I don't know why anyone, after this absolutely disgusting display of your's, would ever help you again. If they've any common sense, they won't.

You're an ingrate, and an offensive one, as well.

Do all of us a favor, and get banned.

You're quite welcome. I hope it works for you, and good luck in your search!

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Because Target is the only place that uses those...?

Seriously, dude. Don't be a moron when people are trying to help. There was an error in your ways and these kind folks are providing you with the correct information you needed. I've been here long enough to know that people don't want to help people that are ungrateful. A simple "Oh, thank you" or something gets you a hell of a lot farther than "OMG U NOOB I NO THIS SHIT BETTER THAN EVERYONE!"

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    We've also got the UPCs in the resources section, so if you're ever looking for those, just look up the toy you want in there. We've got the grand majority of them for the current stuff and a lot of the upcoming items.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The flaming in this thread stops now.