ROTF Human Alliance Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jan 17, 2010.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Human Alliance Soundwave & Blackout?

With the release of ROTF Human Alliance Barricade approaching, I HAD AN IDEA :inquisiti :

Why not suggest to Hasbro that they make Human Alliance versions of ROTF Soundwave and 2007 Movie Blackout.

That way, they can make a smaller version of ROTF Ravage that can launch from Soundwave in either Soundwave's robot and/or satellite alt mode has well as a smaller version of 2007 Movie Scorponok that can launch from Blackout in either Blackout's robot and/or helicopter modes and Barricade wouldn't be the only Decepticon in the line.

THINK ABOUT IT! Wouldn't that be kick-ass!

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure an alien satellite figure would sell that well at the HA price point.

3. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, no one said the HA line was going to just be car bots.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm not even sure main characters are selling well at the HA price point.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

There is only 1 reason they can't do this...............

It is unlawful to place that much epic win in a box and sell it to minors.

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    That isn't a bad idea but since Soundwave didn't have a robot mode in the movie I would rather they wait until the next movie. Maybe he will have a robot mode in it and they could still do a small Ravage even if he isn't in the movie. Sideways is the most likely second Decepticon right now and would probably have one version of Alice even if they never appeared together. Still I would buy either one if they made them.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting idea, but very unlikely to happen. Also, if us fans directly suggested it to Hasbro, doing so would pretty much guarantee it never happening. Hasbro purposefully stays away from using fan ideas to make sure they keep from getting into any legal issues (slightly paranoid, aren't they, lol).

Even then, Blackout's alt-mode is large enough that there would be no feasible way to make him in-scale to the other HA figures. He, and Grindor for that matter, are also dead. Soundwave is pretty much the same way, though we're not exactly sure how big he is compared to the other bots.

Personally I'm hoping that Soundwave gets the Leader class treatment for TF3, and maybe even a bot with the same design as Blackout and Grindor, just with a significant enough part in the next movie to warrant that large of a figure.

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Doesn't TFTM Blackout already come with a smaller version of Scorponok? So he is kind of already Human Alliance. And don't even say to make him bigger, cause if this message board has another leader Blackout discussion, all our heads will explode.

9. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I'm guessing you edited your post OmarJT82 because I don't recall seeing Blackout listed the first time I read your post but then again I'm a little tired right now. Anyway there is no way in hell we will see that happen. The odds of getting a Leader Blackout are more likely and Hasbro has already said no to that. I think it would probably be big than a Leader class figure if it was to happen.

As much as Blackout and Grindor need a new mold, much like Bonecrusher, their roles aren't big enough to warrant it. Then again Blackout I think deserved a Leader mold more in the first movie than Brawl. Grindor's big role was being the second 'con to lose his head to Prime. Bonecrusher's claim to fame was being the first to fall to Prime's face fetish, that and the bus.

10. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

The problem with not-cars as HA figures is both scale and pricepoint. Anything bigger than a typical car is going to start getting expensive, and HAs are testing the waters right now.

Honestly, I'm buying every figure for the sake of supporting this awesome line, but I get hte feeling an HA Blackout/Grindor or Soundwave are not even remotely feasible. I'll eat my shoes if they announce one tomorrow.

11. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I think we are more likely to see a HA Ironhide or Ratchet than Soundwave, Blackout, or Grindor and even that would probably be pushing it. Jazz has more of a chance than they do. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Jazz somehow makes it in a the sixth HA mold. They could probably even sneak Armorhide or Landmine in with Lennox and Stockade with a Sector Seven agent. Maybe even Longarm with another Mikaela.

12. MedicalD

MedicalD Active Member

Knowing it will never happen, I would really like to see Hasbro actually have a vote system in place for the fans. Say, a few of there ideas are on verge of getting produced, then allow the fans to vote via website. This would also give them a feedback system on a small term and possible allow them insight on what would sell well.

13. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Your probably right but they did something like that during the G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary line for the comic pack mail-in figure. Doc won the vote and became the mail-in figure. I think Nemesis Enforcer came in second or close to it and that figure was later released in a comic pack.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Soundwave have robot mode, its on the deluxe and legends toy, you see his robot mode, even lots of concept arts for his robot mode were made so he does have robot mode

15. Deathx360

News Credits:
    The toys do have a robot mode but it wasn't in the ROTF movie so if Bay and company wanted to they could make him have one totally different than the toys. Also wasn't all the concept art for the never used Earth mode? Maybe I missed one of him having a robot mode with the satellite alt. mode. Anyway concept art isn't final either and could change between now and the next movie.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I really don't see how they could.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    If it would include a Legends or Scout Ravage, I would buy it! :) 

And what about those tentacles? They should equip HA Soundwave with those...

18. KillerMel

KillerMel Teh Honduran Wrestler

News Credits:
    using Hasbro Logic, i'd do a Human Alliance Salvage/Dropkick.

a repaint (and maybe a different driver) they can milk from either bot or con side :p 

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    There were Plans for a HA Ironhide and ratchet, But they scrapped them and made HA Sideswipe and skids instand

In Rotf second Disc the human factor feature when Ehren Kruger is tlaking about the new bots, we see a cocnept art of Soundwvae cybertronian mode and its the same has the toy expect thast its all grey, even TF nefarious Comic book cover shows Soudnwave Robot Mode and tis the same has the toy, so it confirsm that the robot mode used on the toys is SOudnwave offical and Final robot mode

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I have suggested both of those previously on another forum. The Soundwave/Ravage idea was well taken to; the Blackout/Scorponok one not so much. I'd buy 'em both instantly.