Minor/Repaint: RotF: HftD BBBB

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jul 20, 2010.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPDATE 8/1/10 PRT2- OK, so I realized I had a bunch of extra parts from other the multitude of legends wheelie's I've bought, and decided to just revamp the passenger side door arm. I think it came out pretty good myself!

UPDATE 8/1/10 Both doors are on, BUT, the new swing arm, as I'm calling them, on the right side is different, and allows the door to sit differently, and I'm not sure I like it... So I may need to rework a new arm for the right side, which, I think will be semi-easy.. Idk, you guys tell me which looks better to you. Also added my reference picture for the front view.

UPDATE 7/25/10 PRT2- Left door wing is ON!! Check that shit out!!

UPDATE 7/25/10- New configuration for Door wing arm. They will use 2 of Legends Wheelie's right arms Update in post #19

UPDATE 7/24/10- General idea as to how I am going to get the doors connected back onto the fenders. Hopefully this will continue to evolve and I'll get this to work properly!!

HUGE UPDATE!! 12/09/10- HOLY CRAP HAS IT BEEN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!! This has taken SSSOOO much longer than I thought that it was going to, but I AM GETTING THERE!! I updated earlier that I had clear coated all of my yellow painted parts, well HERE YOU GO! I realized afterward that I am still missing a few parts that are in need of painting, and that's due to trying to figure out what to do with the doors... I'm not entirely sure WHAT to do with them just yet. savio prime had pointed me to the website that he came across for the hinge for his BB's windshield/roof mod hinge, and they have a hinge that might work for me, but I am not sure if I want to spend even more money on parts than I already have, but that said it would probably make him so much better, then of course I need to figure out how to mount them and yadda yadda yadda. ANY WAY! PICTURE TIME YA'LL!!

UPDATE 12/13/10 Started painting the black bits and pieces on this guy FINALLY!! I'm HOPING I can have this done tomorrow-ish?? Maybe.. Idk, maybe not, lol. HERE'S HOPIN THOUGH!!

UPDATE 12/14/10 ALMOST FINISHED!! All I have left I think is to paint up a different set of the heel spurs on the outside of his feet because when I removed them from the set that's on him I warped the plastic.. OOPS!! But other than that I really just need to paint up the other headlight chest piece, paint the racing stripes on it, and he's good to go the bay!! Unless some one on here wants to pay my ridiculous price for this guy, :D 

UPDATE 1/14/11 Just showing some Micro detailing that's gone into this guy as well as a possible alternative mod for the front windshield.

Attached Files:

2. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Hey Bro! I LOVE the approach you did you breaking up the hood, and gluing the sides to the wheels that flip out! I'm going to do that!!! I would add on paint to the parts "under" the hood behind the shoulders to eliminate the yellow.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I intend to paint everything, but I'm going to get my mods done first. As for breaking the hood up, that saying goes nessecity is the mother of invention. So just kept the ideas goin. I'm also going to be adding a ball joint to the base of the hood and maybe a hinge to the top of the windshield I think. Have the winshield fold in, the hood parts spin around and the insides face out add in some model parts to mimic the movie models upper back (oddly enough there's enough room for a small amout of detail) the hood parts I've cut off from the shoulders and glued onto the central piece I may put onto ball joints near the front of them so they can rotate up and colapse onto the inner torso so they are more out of the way.

4. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap OP - my GFs gonna hate you for makin' me buy this mold, but your ideas are AMAZING!

Loving the ideas you & savio-prime have come up with for this fig and will be watching eagerly for the next update...

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks cr!! Just wish I could have made straighter cuts on the hood pieces, but hey, if you happen to, ya know.. have a Universe Prowl junker layin around I could snag from ya.. I would buy it so I can get back onto this guy, otherwise I have to try to figure out how to make the swing arms and ball joints.. even if I do get a junker prowl I might need to figure out the how to make them, bc Idk if the swing arms from prowl or the recolors would be to big or not.. As for the gf... tell her I'm sorry and that I'll send her cookies :D  :lol  Savio, quick update, I know where to get the actual auto paint that was used on the car... guess what I'm buyin!! :lol 

6. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I will be done with the commission early to mid week (next week). I bought an extra B.B. Bee just in case... Again, awesome approach for the hood separation. I will definitely give you credit, and I may have some different tweaks for my own mod. ;) 

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds good Savi! Can't wait bro. I think I may have figured out a way to do the doors as well without the use of the universe prowl mold parts!! Now to figure out how execute it :inquisiti ...

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK, so the universe prowl parts I though I could have used turned out to not be what I thought they were... SSSOOOOO I'm using the arms from RotF Legends Wheelie.. I.. just need to figure out a couple other kinks now.. Updates soon.. I hope.

9. pikaprime12511

pikaprime12511 Well-Known Member

hope it comes out good man!

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks pikaprime, so do I! Lol

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update!! Wooot!! I THINK this idea will work for the door wings, but I'm not 100% on it yet until I get everything installed on everything. What do you guys think?? The door should still be able to rotate on the arm, and the arm on the ball joint. This isn't quite the idea I was going for, but I think it will work for the general purpose of the bash.

Attached Files:

12. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Innovative. I take it the enclosure around the stem allows it to slide. Correct? I like it.

Hmmm... I'm trying to see what kind of angle you are looking to achieve for how much the doors can swing open. 90'? 135'? How/where will the hinge attach? The way I did mine, I trimmed the edges a bit around the peg/notch feature so that I could get a 90' swing out.

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking that with the ball joint it MIGHT allow for a little more than a 90', maybe 95-110?? Maybe. And yes, the enclosure allows the slide I've been trying to get. Also, I did the cross cut in a few different directions in that picture, and man o man were you right in saying that it made one hella strong bond!! I was like WWHHAAAAT when I tried to take it apart so I could reposition the joint end for the ball joint... HOLLY HELL WAS THE STRONG!! So I did it again :D . I also cut the styrene tube down to give the stem more room to slide through. Thanks for the compliment too!! I'm glad you like it. I just wish I would have gone with the way I wanted to, as it would have been more accurate, but there isn't enough room in alt mode to fit. Gr..

14. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    windows XP ftw i see!

nice work man

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks amd! I have a small update for the doors, but now I need yet a 3rd legends wheelie, :lol 

16. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so theres a good use for wheelie? thats scary!

17. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...poor Wheelie...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lmao, I've got 2 like that right now!!

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SUP SUUUUP!!! New door configuration!! WOOT WOOOOT! So I was hangin with my buddy MATTICUS PRIME today, and he was helpin me out with this whole door thing I had goin on, when I looked at the right arm of poor Wheelie and go "AW DAMN IT! Really.." It had dawned on me while looking at it that the right arm was perfect for what I need to have on the left door.. Cut a little bit of the unnecessary plastic off of the cap from the ball joint so it would sit flush in alt mode, and sure as shit, it worked, so now I need yet another effing Wheelie :redface2:  Crap.

Attached Files:

20. pikaprime12511

pikaprime12511 Well-Known Member

damn thats a good idea bro! aw man, and u cnt find another 1?