ROTF HA vs ROTF Deluxe

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Oct 11, 2009.

?

What Should I Do With The HA And Deluxe Versions Of Several ROTF Characters?

1. Keep Only the HA's.

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Keep Only The Deluxes.

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Keep 'Em Both.

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I have the ROTF Deluxe and HA versions of several characters. (Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and Skids.)

I am contemplating returning the Deluxes in favor of their HA counterparts. I need the $$$ for other things and to me it doesn't make sense to have duplicates of the same characters especially when the HA versions are far superior.

The Deluxes of Mudflap and Barricade are also in the equation because I'm thinking about getting rid of those and getting the HA versions of these when they come out

So what would you do? Get rid of the Deluxes and keep on the HA? Or keep 'em both?

Thanks for posting!!

2. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i like anything in larger scale usually, but id say return the deluxes of skids and BB only.

ha sideswipe isnt as good as his deluxe.

the other 2 ha's are far superior to their smaller counterparts, though.

3. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

...why do you still have unopened Deluxes? Are your HA figures also unopened? You should just take 'em all back & put the money in a savings account if you're not planning to actually USE the toys.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Keep them! I have both Deluxe and HA Sideswipe ....... and the Legends.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, sounds like you answered your own question in your post. You like the HA more so keep those :) 

I'm the other way around :)  I prefer the deluxes cuz you have so many other figures that go with them.

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a sucker for size, detail and complexity so I'm a HA man.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd keep both.

8. editnis

editnis Well-Known Member

i keep them both but i don't pay for them so i rather go with the H.A they're way better in everything.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would have to say keep both. I like to display mine with the deluxes on the ROTF shelf, mainly because the scaling is a lot better.

But if you need the cash, return the deluxes, but don't return Mudflap or Barricade until you get the HAs of each of them. Just to make sure they don't get cancelled, or you have a hard time finding them.

10. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It sounds like you enjoy the HA versions better, so I would keep those. I've only played around with Bumblebee and Sideswipe, but they are both fun figures.

For me personally, the deluxe figures are fine and display better with my figures as a whole. I'm not a big enough fan of the movie characters to have a Bumblebee that's almost as tall as Leader Prime. I would keep the ones you enjoy the most.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Sideswipe I would say keep them both as both are pretty good toys overall, BB and Skids I would definitely be dumping the deluxe versions as they both suck.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Keep both. HAs aren't simply upscaled versions. And it's not like bigger ALWAYS means better *looks at Sideswipe*

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep them both. It's not right to return things just cause you need the money now

14. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Why so critical? Some of my figures are kept MISB but, most of them are loose. Space has become an issue so, lately I have been buying the figures that I want and keeping them in the package until I get the shelves that I need to display them.

That way, I can get the figures that I want at retail price now and not have to pay a premium later. I don't have an unlimited disposable income for TFs so when something comes out that I want more than what I currently have, I then pick and choose what to keep and what not to keep.

In this case, it's either keep two versions of the the same ROTF figures OR return some of them and get the TRU Insecticons and City Commander armor.

15. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    unless you're going to pose HA figures with Alternators like me just keep the deluxes, they're more in scale anyways. I don't understand how people can stand to pose HA figures with their other movie figures, I mean I know scale isn't exactly an important thing to worry about with TFs but I can't stand to have my HA BB, who turns into a camaro, be taller than Starscream who turns into an F-22, it's just ridicolouse it's like having a leader class bikeformer

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I voted for them both, but you said that you need money for other things. If those other things are bills (not saying they are), or something important, I would return whatever is unneeded at this time. You will be able to find any of the figures for the next year, so you should be able to pick them up at a later date.

If the other things are just more toys, I would stick with what you like if you don't want duplicates of characters. HA Sideswipe vs Deluxe is a wash for me, each have their positives and negatives. HA Bumblebee is great IMO outside of the cannon arm. Can't make the call on HA Skids yet because it is still enroute. Based on space right now, only the HA versions will be displayed for me, but I have them both. So I would probably give the edge to HA.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Keep Deluxe Sideswipe and ditch the HA, terrible figure that one (in comparison anyways).

Bumblebee I'd say keep the HA, much better than the deluxe.

Skids and Barricade (and Mudflap when he comes) all look better than their deluxe versions.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I would like to buy tha HA but then I am also happy saving 15+ dollars for other things.

19. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    keep em both that way you can have representations of them in more "collectors edtition" and ones you can display with your other bots.

20. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Well, I ended up returning Deluxe Skids and Mudflap and ROTF Leader Prime so I could get the TRU insecticons x2. I have HA Skids and I'm planning on getting HA Mudflap. I had Leader Prime but I HATE leader class figures so I've been trying to get rid of him. Finally did.

I'll be returning ROTF Voyager Megatron x2, Voyager Longhaul x2, and Animated Voyager Skywarp x1 so I can get the City Commander set.

I gotta trade what I want for something that I want ALOT more.