Minor/Repaint: ROTF: Groove (Project: Defense part 1 of 8)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Hey everybody. I have had this idea for a while, ever since I got Knockout. Here is ROTF: Groove!

Groove is made to represent an upgrade to Knockout in my story, hence his still green wheels. Here's his bio-

Backstory:
    Following his damage and the death of his friends Skids and Mudflap, Knockout was taken to the Medical Division. There, the Weapons Developer, Wheeljack, asked Knockout if he wanted to take part in an Autobot project. Knockout agreed, became a member of the Medical Division and was upgraded to DF01- Groove. However, he still maintains his original wild side, and often escapes to have fun. Ratchet scolds him at times for this, but still hopes he can someday work with his future teammates.

These are the ideas for the other members of Project: Defense-
    Hot Spot- ROTF Voyager Ratchet
    Blades- ROTF Evac, I'll just wait for him to come out.
    First Aid- ROTF Gears
    Streetwise- ROTF NEST 2pack Bumblebee

There are 2 more members, that I will reveal at a later date.

Unlike the G1 Groove, who could form a limb, this Groove will be the weapon for Project Defense.

His white is Krylon Fusion White. His other paints are my usual Acrylics.

In one pic, you can see his fellow Medical Division members Jolt, Smokescreen, and Wheeljack, If you look closely, the Wheeljack is my Wheeljack 2.0. I'll show him tomorrow.

Thanks for seeing. Don't forget to C&C!

Attached Files:

2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    Groovy. [/lamepun]

3. dyingwill3rd

Thanks lol

4. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best backstory I've read this year :D 

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

OK, here we go again with the pic. I can see you can get workable pics from your camera. But, why are you still posting pics that are totally out of focus? When reviewing your pics, this...[​IMG]
    is usable. However, this...
    [​IMG]
    is not. At this point I'm beginning to think you are not really taking the time to work on the suggestions I and others have offered you.

6. dyingwill3rd

The out of focus shot was just to show how shiny the blue is. I still take your suggestions seriously.

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

That's the problem, lack of focus hides any detail, even shine.

8. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Really, I couldn't care much for shine or anything, if the quality of a picture is horrible overall, I skip right over it. Also, it doesn't seem you've been using masking-tape. (properly)
    the white (I hope you moved away from brushes for this) has bled over the visor and the red-ish on the fueltank looks like a you made a drop of paint fall on the bike and shook it for a bit.

I can see where Hotwire's coming from, because the flaws are very similar to your Wheeljack's, where a number of people provided plenty of tips, which should assure previous mistakes won't happen. It's a learning curve, of course, but..

..Your Smokescreen, which came after your Wheeljack was significantly better than this Groove.

I hope you don't get mad, because I'm saying this, because I want to help, not bash you or your work, because your previous custom was a step up, and your improvement is not so much a constant.

Edit: a good tip! If you don't like masking (a lot), go for disassembly, that way you won't have to worry about paint bleeding. It's also a lot easier to spray parts.

And you -NEVER- spray still. you ALWAYS sweep your hand across an area and also NEVER stop in the middle of a sweep.

And what I said before just needs to be said again: multiple thin coatS >>>>> one thick, gumlike coat.