Minor/Repaint: ROTF: G1ish Leader Prime... yep, another one

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bombatron, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    just got done putting this guy back together and taking a few pics. instead of my usual chrome treatment, i decided to do a little more detail this time around. primes truck mode was done up with glossy red and blue metallic paints. bot mode parts were dry brushed and sealed with a matte finish. he came out a little darker than expected but im overall happy with it. smoke stacks (yet to be installed), gas tanks, tool box, steps, wheels, visors, and all the usual stuff that should have been chromed were of course chromed. i also did the blue LED head mod thanks to enclines tutorial. no truck mode pics yet but the last 2 pics are teasers on what you could expect. maybe tomorrow for the truck mode... im in the middle of 3 commissions and building a tree house for my son so my time is very limited for my regular customs. feedback and suggestions are always welcome. enjoy!

EDIT 8/24/09 finally attached truck mode pics as well as the chrome stacks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

NICE I particularly like the swords. much different than the LED storm of late.

If only the movie had this treatment. I like this more that it isn't overdone.

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Very clean paintwork bro! I'm glad to see something different from you but of course still with your signature chrome. I especially love that chrome stripe on the truck. I can't wait to see this finished. :rock 

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude that freakin incredible!!!! Aw man, I can't wait till I get my stuff to you and back. This makes me sssoooo happyt to have a better idea as to what mine will look like once its finished. And good luck with the tree house! I always wanted one as a kid, and the closest I had was a few sheets of ply wood stacked one on top of the other in a tall bush. . . . Blegh.. Now I wanna build myself a tree house :D  maybe I can build on for my new neice! Lightbulb! Time to go draw up some plans!!!

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I didn't know Prime was black :D 
    Looks very nice man

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    DAMN! Very cool.

7. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback and support! i'll prpbably mix it up with this style here and there...

thanks man, i know your prime will look kickass as well.
    as for the tree house... dude, you have no idea. the thing is a monster, its not a tree house, its a freakin 10x10 deck on a tree. i wish my dad was into crap like this when i was a kid... i know what you mean with the plywood on the bush tho... we made a clubhouse out of pallets in the woods... ah, memories :) 

:lol  yeah, maybe he's just been out in the sun too much... its been freakin hot in seattle lately! 103 degrees last week, im not complaining.. i love it!

8. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    That's sick man, thumbs up. Almost makes me not wanna wait for the Buster Prime to grab the new leader...

9. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    thanks dude.. where you been? its all your fault! you were the one who told me to post that first starscream.. now i cant stop!

buster prime? i thought that was just a japan release, no?

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buster Prime is a japanese release.... So far... Common, you KNOW that hasbros gonna release just as it looks from japan. They did this same damned thing with the first movie prime figures... No premiums my ass.. Also, did you chrome all of the entire wheels and just paint over them?? I'm just wondering because I taped mine off for ya, and I'm wondering if I should just do that or leave em taped. Oh yea, ALT MODE!!!

11. UniverseTF

UniverseTF New Member

I'm demanding Truck mode pics!!!

Love the chrome! You put it in the places that need it rather than all over, great great improvment well done. I've got to figure out this Vaccum metalization thing becuase this is gorgious. :thumbs2: 

12. chax

chax New Member

i like what you did with Prime. Great job! :)  how do you apply chrome?

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, the chrome is AMAZING! How did you DO that?! That can't be a paint application, can it? A remolding, right...but then you put it on the arm panels...how the hell did you do that? It occurs to me now...I might not know how chrome works...

When I start my repaints...I might try that out if I can.

14. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    yep, i chromed the entire wheel and then just painted over the tires. i know, i know... alt mode pics :eek:  so much to do! i'll try to take the pics tonight.

thanks! alt mode coming soon.. see previous comment above.

thanks guys, the chrome was applied via vacuum metalizing. the panels were completely chromed out and then sprayed over with the metalic paints. i still do the alsa spray chrome every now and then but for now its just been VM.

15. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Vehicle mode pics, plz.

16. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! Yeah, I don't think I am going to have access to that. I will just have to settle with shiney shiney paint. But seriously, that is so amazing! I bow to your pure awesomeness.

17. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

it seems like all other primes that have been painted to look g1-ish look good in bot mode but really weird in truck mode, so i'm interested to see if how this one fares.

18. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    ;) 

thank you! if you have an airbrush, you should really try alclad or alsa chrome paints. the key to chrome spray is the prep work, the PSI setting on your brush... and lotsa practice! good luck!

yeah, i hear ya.. this is the second prime that ive painted with G1 colors.. the first one was a TFTM prime that I did in chrome and added transparent red and blue.. i havent changed him to truck mode yet.. one of my current commissions is actually one just like it but using the ROTF prime.

its late and i managed to snap another teaser pic of his truck mode.. im not gonna do the full gallery until i get his stacks installed... soon... soon....

G1 ROTF truck mode:

[​IMG]

and here is my chrome G1 TFTM prime.. still my favorite :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Wow, looks great. You really do love chrome don't you, bombatron? :D 

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hurry up with those stacks man!! You got vehivle mode pics, you got em, I want em, gimme! :D  and if the stacks you make look good I may want a set for my own. Mhm mhm mhm.