ROTF G1 Mixmaster repaint

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fenix951, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Fenix951

Fenix951 Well-Known Member

I saw the 2 pack that has the G1 repaint of Mixmaster at TRU the other day. I thought about picking it up until I looked at Mixmasters head. it seriously looked like someone took a blowtorch to his face. anyone else seen this on the figure or was it just a major problem with the one i saw

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    no, its the earlier head that was going to be used, no idea why they used this one...

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I don;t know... you MAY have seen a messed up one. The head that comes on him is goofy looking, there's no doubt there, but melted? IDK.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd recommend passing if you just want Mixmaster. I only got the set for Hoist which is great but Mixmaster was a floppy mess and that head sculpt is awful. Granted the floppiness couls have just been back luck of the draw with QC but the head definitely wasn't.

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Yeah, the head they used on the Mixmaster repaint really is pretty asinine looking. The one I saw looked like he was the happiest and friendliest robot out there.

Even if his head wasn't so stupid looking I'd still prefer the RoTF painted version. I like the big Decepticon logo on it.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I feel the same way about nearly all the ROTF faces. I have this Mixmaster because I wanted Hoist. He's still in the twisties, in the box. :lol 

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Mine stays in alt mode... really would like to gat a 2nd STANDARD Mixmaster for cheap and then put his purple windshield into the G1 colored Mixmaster... THAT would be aces!

8. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Yeah, that face is pretty goofy. I wish they had packaged him in alt mode, so I could enjoy that awesome g1 greenness MISB.