rotf First Review !!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SkywarpSion, Jun 13, 2009.

1. SkywarpSion

SkywarpSion Well-Known Member

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    wow he calls rotf "the most gloriously dumb spectacle of the year"!!how dare he!

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Film critics are the bane of my existance. I like disappointing myself, or making myself glad I watched whatever movie I decide to watch. It's a pain in the ass when someone says Star Trek sucked, while Ghost Of Girlfriends Past proved to be way better than Star Trek, what the hell...

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    What are you guys talking about..he gives it 4 out of 5 stars!
    It's a Michael Bay movie about two warring factions of robots stomping each other, OF COURSE it's dumb! Doesn't mean it won't be a kickass movie..what did you expect? Citizen Kane?..

This sums it up rather nicely in my opinion. Maybe in the future Transformers can be lifted from what it is now and be even cooler/better/smarter, but for now it's falling in line with everything that's Transformers since 1984, which is NOT a shame. :) 

Now let's see how long it will take for someone to flame me for thinking Transformers isn't a piece of high art.

5. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

read the whole review, the guy loved it. transformers will never be respected as a great piece of oscar winning cinema(sfx excluded) its a pure action fest. one of those films you want to watch when you dont want to be thinking all the time. the first one was dumb and i loved it because it acheived everything it wanted to,and it sounds like the same thing with this one.

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I read it, I just dislike movie critics.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Why? Because they get PAID for ranting and/or raving about movies they watch?

Whereas you do the same for free?

8. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I never pay any attention to movie critics.

It's just one man's opinion, and opinions are never bias-free. There were many occasions when movies got panned and slaughtered by these so called critics, yet when I watched it for myself, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought, 'hey, this is one of the best films I've seen recently!'.

Naturally, a critic who enjoys a thought-provoking drama is gonna scoff at big-budget popcorn flicks. But does that make the popcorn flick bad? I don't think so.

Each movie is made for a different audience to suit different purposes. Some are made to challenge your thoughts, some are made to scare, some are just made to entertain. Sometimes its a combination of those. You can't say that just because it lacks one element, its a totally crap film.

Take Slumdog Milionaire for example. A huge success at the Oscars. But for myself, I am not even remotely interested in watching it. Even if someone were to give me a bootleg DVD for free, I still wouldn't watch it. But I wouldn't mind paying tens of bucks to watch Transformers in the cinema multiple times.

I can't speak for others, but personally, when I go to the cinema I want to be awed and entertained by things, images and plots that I would never see in real life. Giant robots fighting in Transformers, alien races fighting in Star Wars, dwarfs and elves in LOTR, killer machines in Terminator, or even a religious-conspiracy tale such as Da Vinci Code or Angels n Demons that challenge thousands of years of accepted history. Something that stirs my excitement and imagination, and not mundane.

I'm not interested in watching a drama, because everyday life already has a lot of drama, there's no need for me to watch it on the big screen and be reminded of it. No, I am not interested in a rags to riches life story, nor am I interested in how girls overcome a painful break-up story.

The thing which irks me the most, is that people automatically label a film crap, just because its not thought provoking or a piece of fine art.

There's no standard definition of what constitutes a good or bad film, rather there are only opinions. So why should one kind of film be considered good, while another bad, just because a few people on their high horses, deem it so?

And with human nature, sometimes people get off on belittling things. The mere act of criticizing something somehow makes them feel all powerful, intelligent and superior. Like, that thing is way below their level. Not saying that all film critics are hacks, but I can imagine a good number of them getting a hard-on belittling movies to show the world that they have sophisticated and refined tastes.

9. SkywarpSion

SkywarpSion Well-Known Member

Aehhmm, the critic likes the movie, he gave it 4/5 .

10. longbridge

longbridge Member

Sounds exactly like the film I want to see.

I can't wait for next Friday!

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I normally rank movie critics below that gunk you find on the bottom of your shoe but this review was exactly how I want a reviewer to perceive an action movie. This is not Shakespeare nor will it ever be. Good review!

12. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah i am more excited now then ever before i dont want a blockbuster masterpiece i just want a lot of action and Megan Fox

13. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    So according to this review, Herp and Derp are funny, but Wheelie misses the mark (at least in one scene). This is great news, because I thought Wheelie was awesome in the press clip.

14. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You read it here in this review: Bay's dick is bigger than McG's.

15. IR A IP T 0 IR

IR A IP T 0 IR Member

Awesome review,the dude reviewed exactly like its suposed to review an action film,now I have no doubt this is goin to be the best action movie of the year.

:bay 

16. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds exactly like I expected. Cant wait.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To this day, I still think the best comparison to Bayformers is a

"Big dumb dog that you just can't NOT love!"

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Pumped.

19. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    ''The contest is over – not only does Bay have the bigger dick, he's made the better film as well.''

haha In your face, MCG :tongue: 

20. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I always personally go from other general movie goers accounts over proper film critic reviews. Gives me a broader base to work with, with opinions and ideas that help me decide if i want to the see movie myself or not. Has worked for me for years.