Minor/Repaint: ROTF "Final Battle" Leader Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by payton34, Jul 31, 2009.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so I've already done a "Final Battle" voyager version of Megs (seen here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/253922-rotf-final-battle-megatron.html) and decided to see what I could do to a Leader version.

I did a lot of the same things, used a dremel to rough up the side of his face and chest area, removed the gimp arm and placed wires & suck to simulate the battle damage.

I took the blade from the outside of his "murder arm" and placed it on the bottom. I also created another "blast effect" but painted it a purple & white mixture to simulate the laser blasts from the movie.

I have mixed feelings about the Leader figure, I can live without a rotating waist, but I wish the right arm had a posable elbow and a moveable head (I'm not good enough for customizing joints yet).

As always, thoughts & critiques are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    wow how do you people do that BLAST effect plastic? it looks wonderful. and so does your Megz. I ma do something like today actually. good work

3. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. The blast effects are really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. It's best if you have some type of support in the center (missle, or some random piece of plastic like a cut-out piece of CD case, etc). Just use some hot glue to lay a foundation, then dip it in a cup of cold water to cool it almost instantly, then put more layers on there.

4. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude, I am liking where your mind is on these!!!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like this a lot. I think the only thing it needs is some more battle damage detailing, particularly the circuits and such exposed by the slashes from Prime. I'd think you could achieve this by using a tool to poke some very tiny holes, then paint them with some yellows for the flashing light effects. That's just an idea, but I'm sure you can come up with alternatives. It's my hope that you do and go to it!

Great work, and keep it up :thumb