ROTF fanedit project

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gieferg, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

You do there have been other fan edits that are fairly close to this one right? You may want to talk to the Fanedit groups and they may be able to help a bit more. I personally like the Kitten calendar edit. Here is an example of the The Real Effing deal edit.

* *The entire introduction with The Fallen and prehistoric man.
    * *All of Optimus’ voice over during the Shanghai scene.
    * *Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene.
    * *Trimmed Sam & Parents at the beginning somewhat (and dogs humping).
    * *Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying).
    * *Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger.
    * *Trimmed Leo’s roommates some as well as some of Sam’s parents.
    * *Trimmed Sam/Alice at party and part of the car scene.
    * *Trimmed Megatron/Starscream on Nemesis and trimmed middle and end of scene.
    * *Trimmed classroom flirtation bit.
    * *Trimmed Sam in his room and w/Alice.
    * *Trimmed talk in the library.
    * *Cut repeated footage of Soundwave.
    * *Cut Sam’s parents with the mime.
    * *Trim news bits after Decepticons arrival.
    * *Cut Galloway shutting down NEST.
    * *Trimmed meat shop (no more talk about teeth).
    * *Cut Simmon’s ass.
    * *Cut Leo shocking himself.
    * *Trim Jetfire talking about his family being there for “centuries”.
    * *Leo/Mikeala land in desert
    * *Image of Autobots being loaded onto plane and Lennox comments about it being a mistake
    * *Removal of Lennox and Epps discussing the phone call and location of coordinates
    * *Removal of Checkpoint scene
    * *Remove Galloway parachute scene
    * *Change footage and trim end of Petra scene to remove Simmons viewing troops parachuting from so far away, and to add time lapse.
    * *Remove Simmons pointing at flare right after Sam does.
    * *Heavily trim parts of military scenes (mostly parts without robots).
    * *Remove Galloway in desert scene
    * *Remove repeat shot from first movie of Drone
    * *Trim Simmons conversation with Captain of Aircraft Carrier
    * *Crop shot of Simmons on walkie talkie to remove wrong pyramid from the background
    * * Remove Devastator’s balls (the flagrant scene anyway).
    * *Trimmed Sam’s meeting with the Primes (I refuse to call this robot heaven since that’s not what it is). I don’t care a lot for this scene, but I feel it is necessary. I removed the part about Sam’s destiny though, that isn’t necessary.
    * *Removed a couple of repeated shots during The Fallen’s retrieving of the Matrix.
    * *Removed the audio for “Give me your face!”
    * *And I went back and cut out the 6 bogeys coming up from the water for those that feel it’s a continuity error.
    * *various other small edits
    * New Edits for this version:
    * *Removed Twins from Shanghai sequence as well as a few second here.
    * *Removed Twins upgrading
    * *Removed some of Twins interaction with Leo after Decepticon’s arrival
    * *Removed Police Chase sequence and Sam & company hiding
    * *Trimmed approach to the Pyramids
    * *Trimmed small bits of Twins during Devastator fight

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I have honestly no idea as to why remove those [even 'Bee and Jetifre: the first was a comic relief scene, and the second was helping to characterize the poor Jetfire].

But this cut seems overall pretty cool.

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    well done sir this is pretty all i could ask for

4. UltraMagnusXXX

UltraMagnusXXX Banned

Man QUIT CRYING. am sick of you little fanboys sayn "oh the twins oh the twins" when you ALL act like immature little kids when you hang around your friends. The twins are actually the CENSORED version of some of you so quite crying.

NOW for ROTF itself I would:
    KEEP ALL of the beginning until we get to sams parents. Only cut out:
    Dogs humping was unnecessary so thats cut out.
    The kitchen bot with the BIG THING is GONE.
    The Ron slapping Judy was just akward so its gone.
    Extend the BB crying scene to the scene seen in the clip where Bee asks sam what is his purpose is life.
    Leo was cool but I DO agree on the high Mom scene, if she HAS to get high, at least make her act high the way you actually do when you get high.
    The "sam and michaela fight" is important because REMEMBER they break up and Sam gets Carly!!!!
    I agree with cutting the parents paris scene to something like we see them shopping and SW calls. The extended scene of the original scene was a bit disturbing.
    REMOVE Simmons ass, i REALLY did NOT need to see that.
    AGAIN Leo was just funny so YES he keeps ALL his scenes.
    Remove the army saving the day and repeated scenes, its annoying and time consuming, I WANT to see planes shoot, not take off.
    Remove the Devastating Balls,,, I must admit it was wrong.

AND KEEP linkin Parks song.
    Admit it, THIS IS NOT G1, wanna hear "the touch" and all the wonderful soundtrack, Watch G1.
    DONT get it twisted, I LOVE that soundtrack BUT its not ment for the live action movies.

5. HELLOMYNAMEIS

HELLOMYNAMEIS Banned

Man QUIT CRYING. am sick of you little fanboys sayn "oh the twins oh the twins" when you ALL act like immature little kids when you hang around your friends. The twins are actually the CENSORED version of some of you so quite crying.

NOW for ROTF itself I would:
    KEEP ALL of the beginning until we get to sams parents. Only cut out:
    Dogs humping was unnecessary so thats cut out.
    The kitchen bot with the BIG THING is GONE.
    The Ron slapping Judy was just akward so its gone.
    Extend the BB crying scene to the scene seen in the clip where Bee asks sam what is his purpose is life.
    Leo was cool but I DO agree on the high Mom scene, if she HAS to get high, at least make her act high the way you actually do when you get high.
    The "sam and michaela fight" is important because REMEMBER they break up and Sam gets Carly!!!!
    I agree with cutting the parents paris scene to something like we see them shopping and SW calls. The extended scene of the original scene was a bit disturbing.
    REMOVE Simmons ass, i REALLY did NOT need to see that.
    AGAIN Leo was just funny so YES he keeps ALL his scenes.
    Remove the army saving the day and repeated scenes, its annoying and time consuming, I WANT to see planes shoot, not take off.
    Remove the Devastating Balls,,, I must admit it was wrong.

AND KEEP linkin Parks song.
    Admit it, THIS IS NOT G1, wanna hear "the touch" and all the wonderful soundtrack, Watch G1.
    DONT get it twisted, I LOVE that soundtrack BUT its not ment for the live action movies.

6. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

The Twins are horribly written filler characters that didn't do anything productive in the movie and just took screentime from other more interesting characters. They can talk in slang and be childish, I don't care, just don't fill the movie with them.

And calling people fanboys because they dislike something that you like is stupid discussion material, and you're obviously just trying to enrage people. Don't do that.

7. HELLOMYNAMEIS

HELLOMYNAMEIS Banned

ok dude, its like you are just stalking me, STOP its annoying. I just got in the forums like 2 hrs ago and I already got a hater???? I must be good or something, may I ask for a promotion or something??

8. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

Giving you two replies and I'm stalking? Ok sure, play it that way.

You could atleast try to respond so we can have a discussion about the Twins.

9. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

* *The entire introduction with The Fallen and prehistoric man. - It was pretty cheesy visually, and the voice over was terrible. The scene also dates the TFs as not being all that old, which weakens the idea that their history has been lost.
    * *All of Optimus’ voice over during the Shanghai scene. - Again, the voice over is pretty cheesy, and all the information given in the voice over is presented later, and more naturally in the film.
    * *Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene. - Without the other intro scene, this is the natural effective point for the title. It works well.
    * *Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying). - It's just a little too over the top.
    * *Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger. - It's poorly acted, and cancels out the tone that was just set by Prime asking his question.
    * *Trim Jetfire talking about his family being there for “centuries”. - It's silly, and if in any way true just makes Transformers sound terribly stupid, and again makes their age very young.

10. Overlord Balder

That DOES NOT mean they're young, at that time [22 thousand years before Christ, if I'm not mistaken] Cybertron was on its full power, The Primes leading and all fine [The Transformers ALREADY EXISTED], it only means the War started only 22 Thousand before Christ [which still gives us 24 thousands of years of war].

Maybe, but people already bitch about Sideways and Demolishor being good guys WITH that voice-over [that clearly states they're hunting down the bad guys], without people would freak out.

It does make sense.

That's a matter of opinion: I thought it was pretty funny.
    The line was....?

Uh..I don't remember that, I remember him talking gibberish about his father ["MY FATHER WAS WHEEL! THE FIRST WHEEL!"] and something about his mother, but nothing ever mentioned they were there for centuries as far as I know.

Besides, that's to show he is completely off the rails on his sanity.
    And even so, he's not senile because of he lived too long, but because of lack of Energon [he even implies that when he's talking about the Primes: "Without Energon, we all rust and die, LIKE MY WRETCHED SELF!"], so his body is breaking down physically and psychologically.

11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Its actually less time than that, but with a species like the transcformers it should be a relatively short amount of time. For them to have lost their history with their level of sophistication its just not very plausible in that amount of time. I think its better to keep the exact point in time more ambiguous. And the scene still just felt out of place with the rest of the movie with how it was put together.

As for the voice over it is later said where they came from and that they've interacted with decepticons on other continents, so the VO isn't needed. If people complain they can't follow simple stuff that's not relevant.

I think the crying could have been funny if he was joking about it but being serious I don't think it worked well.

Lennox line (with a stupid expression) said prime's question was a good one. The scene ends much stronger without it.

As for jetfire I can't even recall what was trimmed but thinking about it the wheel part is still there, but maybe not the line about his mother which mentions centuries. Its been a long time since I saw the full scene.

12. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've done that too.

1) Well I'm not a big fan of G1 anymore, but still fan of the 80s music, that's the reason that I put all those songs in.
    2) Final battle with The Touch works like a million times better, so we have to agree to disagree on that one.

Not sure if you were talkin' to me or to someone else, but if it was to me - well, I know everything I need about those other fanedits, , I know both Kitten Calendar edit and The Real Effing Deal but there is a big difference between them and my edit: I've not only cut out something like 20 minutes of footage, but also added Soundwave's vocoded voice, some transformation sounds, some songs, deleted scenes from the DVD and trailers/spots, changed aspect ratio of extended forest battle etc. So it is not only shortened version.

13. Overlord Balder

24 Thousand of years of pure and brutal conflict ravaging your planet is not enough to lose their history?
    But I wouldn't complain if that scene was cut, I just think is unecessary.

Okay.

I don't think he was serious, he was crying and playing violin sad music at the background, it was clearly meant to be funny [on a over-the-top way].

Oh, that! I thought you were talking about the awesome line of Prime with Galloway.

Jetfire is nuts, or are you seriously believing his father was the first wheel and transformed into nothing?

14. starscream 55

starscream 55 Well-Known Member

This is probably really-really late. But how can I watch this cut of the film?

15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have wanted to do this for all 4 Tf movies for some time but didnt have the software too. i even talked with a friend about creating a site where you could watch them. it was going to be called, Transformers-theedit.com or something, kinda based on the whole "the phantom edit" thing.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I really like your ideas for the cut. I'd love to see it. I left the cinema furious when I saw it the first time. Almost gave up collecting I was so disgusted.

Leo has to be one of the most annoying characters in cinema history. I can't believe some people found this film funny. The first one was genuinely funny but Revenge was as horribly unfunny as Chris Rock.

Any chance of a link to your cut?

• Like Like x 1
  17. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I would like a link to it too.

• Like Like x 1