ROTF fanedit project

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gieferg, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

(I've got a permission to re-post this topic in slightly different form)

After watching ROTF in theater I thought that it would be a good idea to re-cut this movie and remove some of its stupidity, and other useless stuff. After buying DVD release I've made some changes, and here's the list of them:

- Twins dialogue scene in Shanghai cut
    - dialogue between Sam and his parents at the beginning trimmed
    - kitchen-bots trimmed
    - humping dogs removed
    - some of Sam's mom scenes deleted
    - garage scene replaced with alternative version
    - crying Bumblebee cut
    - Epps alternate line after Optimus transforms added
    - Leo's pals trimmed
    - cut all Sam's parents scenes at the college
    - cut Sam, Leo & friends going to the party
    - cut Sam & Alice in Bumblebee
    - trimmed Wheelie trying to get the shard (no mouse trap, less talking)
    - Sam is freaking out in his room a little less
    - cut Leo's reaction on Sam in his room
    - most of the dialogue between Sam and Mikaela during escape deleted
    - cut Leo's "So hot" line
    - part of the Paris scenes deleted
    - twins removed from Sam & Leo discussion scene
    - cut part of Decepticons arrival
    - part of Simmons dialogue removed
    - "don' tell my mother" removed
    - some of Wheelie's lines removed
    - Simmons ass and dialogue before going to museum cut
    - cut Leo's toilet scene
    - removed Leo line "I'm not going anywhere" when Simmons paralyzing the guard
    - humping wheelie removed
    - cut part of Jetfire dialogue and parachute scene
    - cut the scene in which Mikaela lies on Leo
    - Galloway plane and Egypt scenes removed
    - Leo & Simmons sleeping removed
    - Leo's panic in the car removed
    - paralyzing Leo removed
    - cut part of dialogue between Leo and Simmons
    - part of Headquarters talking deleted
    - most of the US Air Force showing off (probably stock footage) deleted
    - removed "enemy scrotum"
    - cut "Transformers heaven"
    - cut one shot of Optimus after his resurrection which was used twice
    - Linkin Park song replaced with Stan Bush - Till all are one

19 minutes of footage was removed, and what's left is more serious and faster version of this movie.

What you think of those changes? Is it change for better or worse? What would you cut out?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Out of that, I'd say don't cut:

- Twins dialogue scene in Shanghai cut
    - some of Sam's mom scenes deleted (at least keep the one where she hit her head on a hanging basket)
    - cut Sam, Leo & friends going to the party (don't cut, trim it)
    - trimmed Wheelie trying to get the shard (no mouse trap, less talking) (keep the mousetrap bit)
    - part of the Paris scenes deleted
    - cut part of Decepticons arrival
    - "don' tell my mother" removed (this bit worked, IMO)
    - some of Wheelie's lines removed
    - cut part of Jetfire dialogue
    - Galloway plane and Egypt scenes removed (keep this, this was actually one of the few good humor scenes)
    - cut part of dialogue between Leo and Simmons (keep some of the "One man, alone..." bits)
    - part of Headquarters talking deleted
    - most of the US Air Force showing off (probably stock footage) deleted (are you kidding me?)
    - removed "enemy scrotum" (remove the bit where Simmon's says it, keep the other shots where it's not pointed out)

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    - Twins dialogue scene in Shanghai cut(Meh)
    - dialogue between Sam and his parents at the beginning trimmed (<_<)
    - kitchen-bots trimmed(No comment. They were a good filler)
    - humping dogs removed(That introduced his fathers point about more women )
    - some of Sam's mom scenes deleted (Unfortunately were funny)
    - garage scene replaced with alternative version(what may I ask is an alternative version?)
    - crying Bumblebee cut (Uhhhhh.... I can haz Point of removing?)
    - Epps alternate line after Optimus transforms added(But god kicks ass)
    - Leo's pals trimmed (They aswell made things more funny. The guy not with long hair is like a mini Epps)
    - cut all Sam's parents scenes at the college (WDF. I dont see how people get so up tight about a joke about his mom getting high. It happens. Transformers is a movie about what would happen if transformers were real. I dont think making the world seem all nice and peaceful without drugs is a very good way to portray this.)
    - cut Sam, Leo & friends going to the party (This introduced Sam and ALice's sexual tension)
    - cut Sam & Alice in Bumblebee (Too bad it was funny. Again. Rep. of RL. So a hot slutty girl isn't gonna wanna play charades with him.)
    - trimmed Wheelie trying to get the shard no mouse trap, less talking. (WTF? Nuff said)
    - Sam is freaking out in his room a little less (It shows the glyphs effect on his mind)
    - cut Leo's reaction on Sam in his room (What the F? K so if you walked in on your room mate drawing scribbly writing all over you walls, TVs and stuff what would you say?)
    - most of the dialogue between Sam and Mikaela during escape deleted(So there suposed to be a "Perfect couple"? They need an argument atleast once in the franchise dude. Atleast let it be now)
    - cut Leo's "So hot" line( But its true <_<)
    - part of the Paris scenes deleted (But canadian goose poop is funny.)
    - twins removed from Sam & Leo discussion scene(Yo, Wutcha doin havin a beef wit duh twins? The gon pop a cap in you bitch ass likleh)
    - cut part of Decepticons arrival (Why?)
    - part of Simmons dialogue removed (For no reason likely)
    - "don' tell my mother" removed (Oh cus if you had top secret stolen intel in your mothers freezer you wouldn't mind 4 sweaty teenagers telling her?)
    - some of Wheelie's lines removed (Aye you gotz uh prob wit duh new yohkuh robit?!)
    - Simmons ass and dialogue before going to museum cut(That is actually welcomed......)
    - cut Leo's toilet scene(Meh.)
    - removed Leo line "I'm not going anywhere" when Simmons paralyzing the guard(For no uber reason)
    - humping wheelie removed( Sure I guess. Though it proves how much of a lap dog Wheelie is)
    - cut part of Jetfire dialogue and parachute scene (Which shows his age <_<)
    - cut the scene in which Mikaela lies on Leo (Epic humor. If you dont like Leo you can pretend she popped one)
    - Galloway plane and Egypt scenes removed(OK that is what made me say Wtf in RL. Galloway getting pushed off the plane was priceless to about everyone in my sch00l of about 800 students. And The Egypt scenes are epic action and shouldn't be touched. Ze pope sez soh. >_<)
    - Leo & Simmons sleeping removed (This is a funny scene. Nuff sed)
    - Leo's panic in the car removed (why? It proves his wuss status)
    - paralyzing Leo removed (So you would want more of him screaming no then Sam? He almost beat Shia's NO record)
    - cut part of dialogue between Leo and Simmons (At what scene?)
    - part of Headquarters talking deleted(You mean the diego garcia scene? If so Galloway's ranting makes the audienced think hes a douche. Which is needed)
    - most of the US Air Force showing off (probably stock footage) deleted (Would you rather the military being a weak ass pansy?)
    - removed "enemy scrotum" (Pft. People make such a big deal of this its sickning. If I hear one word of devastator's bawls I'm gonna use my psychic powers to implode the poster's computer)
    - cut "Transformers heaven" (It wasn't heaven it was a near death expirience dude. This speaking of will also result in computer implosion =P)
    - cut one shot of Optimus after his resurrection which was used twice(That was barely noticeable. And when I did notice it I didn't give a shit)
    - Linkin Park song replaced with Stan Bush - Till all are one(THIS is what I dislike the most. Till all are one doesn't fit the movie's theme dude. Maybe for G1 or even armada but for the love of god dude not the movie)

• Like Like x 1
  4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    That pretty much sums up what i was gonna say.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the movie could have been recut to be a lot better, but it sounds like you want to take out all the humor that appeals to people outside of the fandom, and I don't think that's necessary.

I'm not going to make a point of everything you listed, but Sam's parents are actually good characters and some of the few examples that show Orci and Kurtzman can write decent dialogue. I would keep most of them in. I would DEFINITELY remove at least one of the dog humping scenes, and the wheelie humping scene, and most certainly Mikeala's "Sounds great I can't wait" line that was in all the trailers, which was honestly such a poorly delivered line that I can't believe it was in the film, let alone trailers. I would take out a lot of the Egypt dialogue that explained where they were, because it was all so innacurate. Finally, I would trim lots of the explosions near the end before Prime is brought back- seeing soldiers shoot in a desert town is only interesting for so long.

6. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Lol my eyes weren't on the soldiers though. I was watching the decepticons shooting the fleshies =D

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with this. No need to cut all the fun out, even if some was stupid fun. Maybe trim down some of the bits that went on a bit too long, but don't cut every little thing.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, but there are a LOT of scenes of just soldiers they could have removed. I would say any part with a non humping transformer should be kept in.

And I gotta say I also don't see a problem with the appliance bots. They were kind of "gremlin" like but it's better then everything walking around with no personality.

9. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    And its already established that the alspark brings to life robots that are basically Ferrel. Thats what they were. They served the purpose of giving Bee some target practice =P

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm going to ignore all the other asinine things you said and focus on this one - I don't think he cut this out because he's innocent or naive. It was probably cut because THAT IS NOT HOW DRUGS WORK and in an action movie with kid appeal it really has no place.

Also, if this is a movie about what would happen if "transformers were real," do you think they would run around farting and pissing?

To the OP: good luck with the editing, although it would appear that the movie needed another script edit/revision before filming began.

11. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Lol I love people saying my posts are asinine. So now the fun can begin. So do tell me how it really happens then since you must be the all knowing and all seeing transformer board user. Also what my great 10x ancest0r is.

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uhuh, ok, good, now maybe respond to the actual content of the post?

13. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Orite forgot to. Well so you have met a transformer? This is all speculation dude. Hell there not even real. Its fiction. Also how is it a kids movie when its rated pg13? THE TOYS are marketed to children. Also. If an R rated movie like watchmen can have toys marketed to children I think transformers can be marketed to teens too. I mean its not like most kids don't get it. even 9 year olds. Most of the ones I know understand the jokes.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    So, what do you want in the movie?

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Jeez. Why not cut everything between Prime's first and last speech while you're at it? I'm fine with the movie as is. I could do without the second dog humping and Simmons' ass.

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only things I would cut completely are the second dog humping scene and Simmons' ass, and I would only trim a few things which went on for too long, like the pot brownie scene (I don't want to cut it, just curtail it a bit). Maybe Mikaela landing on Leo's testicles too. The movie still needs a sense of humor, so I would keep everything else.

17. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was interested, but adding in "till all are one" is just fucking stupid.
    Pass

18. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Could someone make a Fanedit thats just the robots, with juxtaposed dialogue to comical effect? ala " I am... MEG.." "weetweeecky"

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Whats the point? I mean, that's a fair amount of time spent, and it's not like you're going to be able to distribute it (legally, at least). I mean, kudos for cutting the movie into the one you prefer, but I don't see the need to bring everyone else into it.

20. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I agree with this. I would also take out a couple of Leo's scenes (I think 3 of his lines involved testicles...), and Devastator's balls. It just wasn't funny, even the first time.