ROTF FAB Jolt

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Optimus Prime, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's my pictorial review of Revenge of the Fallen Fast Action Battlers Autobot Jolt.

Vehicle Mode:

Jolt's vehicle mode is a Chevy Volt, a new hybrid vehicle that focuses on electric power.

[​IMG]

It's primarily dark blue, with black on the side and back windows, as well as the roof. The windshield is painted dark metallic silver. There are some silver paint apps on the hubcaps, grill, side mirrors, and Volt logo. GM logos are painted metallic gold, and the headlights are extremely pale blue. Tail lights are painted red.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's the same size as previous movie FABs, like Jazz and Barricade. However, he's not quite as "super-deformed" looking as some FABs (in vehicle mode, at least).

[​IMG]

He's larger than regular Deluxes, though.

[​IMG]

He rolls pretty well, but has no gimmicks or anything in this mode.

Transformation:

The whole point of FABs is to be simple toys that are easy for kids to transform. As such, Jolt's transformation is very easy.

Split the back end in half and rotate the back portion downwards. Fold the back window pieces down.

[​IMG]

Stand him up, then pull the side/arm parts out and rotate them downwards.

[​IMG]

Fold the hood part back, and his head will spring upwards into place. There you have it!

[​IMG]

Robot Mode:

Jolt is pretty cool in robot mode, well-detailed for a Fast Action Battler. He retains the dark blue color, but also gets light grey plastic, and a light blue-grey plastic. There's a red Autobot emblem painted on his chest.

[​IMG]

Headsculpt is neat.

[​IMG]

An interesting detail is what appear to be four wheels sculpted into his thighs...I wonder how this will be pulled off on the Deluxe version and CGI model.

[​IMG]

For weapons, he has two spring-loaded "lashing electro-whips," as well as two cannons mounted over each shoulder.

[​IMG]

He also has a gimmick where you pull his arms up, and they swing downwards quickly because they're spring-loaded, too. However, they do click into place at various angles of rotation.

He's the same size as other FABs.

[​IMG]

He's bigger than regular Deluxes, shorter than Voyagers.

[​IMG]

Poseability is okay for an FAB; arms move up and down on spring-ratchet joints, legs rotate forwards and backwards at the hip and slightly outwards on ball joints, feet move forwards and backwards on hinges. His waist can slightly rotate, too.

Jolt battles...The Fallen!

[​IMG]

:tongue: 

Overall, pretty cool for a Fast Action Battler. He's better than some of the FABs from the first movie, and on the same level as the good ones. While FAB Jolt might not be for everyone, he's certainly cool for kids, collectors, fans of FABs, and fans of the character.

3/5 rating overall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Megatron747

Megatron747 Member

First

Nice review. I'll buy this guy from you

3. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    I'm glad your third-ever post here was so constructive. :redface2: 
    I'll trade my Jolt for your Demolishor.

Everyone, congratulate my brother for his third post on TFW2005. :lol 

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a feeling that I'll like that guy ALOT, I mean, if I find his FAB design just as good as main-line toys!

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Great colors. The arm ratchets are a bit odd, but otherwise I'm
    SOLD.

6. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Nice car mode.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    SOLD!!! ... in the Deluxe version

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I have been walking by Jolt many times at Wal-Mart (while getting BB and airsoft gun related products - new hobby) and his blue kept striking me. Dark blue, like on Jolt, is one of my favorite colors. Yes, the color was a deciding factor on purchase when I got him but not the only one.

Jolt's vehicle mode is the Chevrolet Volt, a car that has a lot of potential but time will tell. The potential of Jolt's I REALLY want to see is that of him in action on the big screen. He may be a secondary character but he seems to be pretty cool.

His transformation, since he is a Fast Action Battler, is dirt simple as he is meant for the younger bits. He MIGHT be safe in my youngest nephews hands... for awhile. It is a matter of folding down his legs, pulling out his arms and flipping back the front end of the car. Again, dirt simple.

His robot mode does have limited arm articulation because of springs in his shoulder joints and because of his main gimmick. His launching electro-whips. They are pretty cool and have hooks at the ends of them. Sadly, he can't hook to a whole lot. His head mold is very unique (of course) and looks a small bit like Jetfire in the face. On his upper legs he does have two wheels on each leg that do look promising on the deluxe model, and more importantly with his CGI model.

I would definitley recommend Jolt if you are a fan of the Chevy Volt or the color, or if the FAB version is high on your "want" list. Otherwis, I'd say wait to see how the deluxe version pans out.

Score:
    7.5/10

9. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

what's his articulation like? Does he have knee and elbow articulation? I see a ton of him, should I get him or wait for the deluxe?

10. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Personally I'd say wait for the Deluxe; FAB's are more for younger kids or hardcore collectors. Not much you can really do with them.