ROTF Explanations!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Space isn't freezing cold >_>

3. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

And when has it said those fluids freezing points are that of anything theyve come in contact with? Megatron froze because water froze in between his joints and in his circuits. Same with the cryo gear, theyre spraying liquid nitrogen throughout their parts

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    you're being facetious, i assume?

5. gobotron

gobotron Active Member

1: didn't megatron get resurrected by the combine powers of the shard and the sacrificial decepticon?

2: in the final battle, it was a last minute thing. so they all just scanned the same alt forms available. or maybe....if given the chance they other constructicons would have also merged into devastator (just a theory)

3: there is possibly a thin coating on the cybertronian armor that is similar to our solar thermal and photovoltaic technology. after all most of earth's tech was derived from cybertronian tech. i deal with a lot of solar equipment. for instance, solar panels will generate energy and heat as long as any tiny bit of sun hits it, even in the coldest day in the antartica. in fact, more energy is created when the temperature is lower. so that would explain the whole, how they survive the cold of space.

6. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

For the constructicon one, I simply assumed theres alot of constructicons and they all went and scanned the same vehicle modes.

I like that idea.

MTL

7. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Wow, good read.
    Yeah, I'd wondered about the drone thing. That answer does make sense. It explains the seekers, Thundercracker Starscream and Skywarp for sure. Why redesign every robot from scratch? Hasbro and Takara certainly "get it"!

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'm not saying they'll freeze. I'm contesting Poho's assertion about their liquid content. I guess I should have quoted it.
    There ya go.

9. omnitrix

omnitrix Active Member

-How could Optimus descend from them if they[Primes] were all dead? And if the Fallen could only be destroyed by a Prime, why didn't the originals just gang up on him back in the day?

-again is our snow caps here colder than space, where megatron froze his ass?

10. flamepanther

When were we told the Primes hadn't created descendants before they battled The Fallen? For that matter, how do we know a TF's "ancestor" has to be alive and present for them to descend from. We don't really know yet how TF lineage really works yet, so that's the better question. As for beating The Fallen--just because nobody else can beat him doesn't mean one Prime or several automatically win. Weren't we shown a scene of several Primes fighting him? In this case, I think the question to ask first is why only a Prime can defeat The Fallen.

Maybe non-primes are programmed to instinctively feel subordinate to a Prime? Not enough that Prime can make the Decepticons do what he says, or The Fallen could boss the Autobots around, but enough to inspire that fatal amount of slight hesitation that's been letting Prime slaughter so many Decepticons. Maybe that would happen to all the Autobots if they fought The Fallen. Just speculation, though.

No, but the caps have a much higher concentration of water than deep space does.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
  12. 420bot

420bot ******

Quote: Posted by NGW
    No, I'm not. Space itself doesn't have any temperature, it's a vacuum.

Thank you for bringing intelligence to a topic with very little.

13. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Actually, according to the comic adaptation, she scanned an animatronic Alice from an Alice in Wonderland theme park.

14. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

Exactly. There 3 typea of heat transfer. Conduction, Convection, Radiation. Conduction and Convection happens if the object covered with another maretiral (mostly air in earth conditions). So there is no heat transfer in the space via Conduction and Convection. Only radiation happens (sun heating the earth). But it will be very low compared to Conduction and Convection.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

To someone who detests doing math that explanation was clear as mud. It's my understanding that space isn't really "cold" so much as it "lacks temperature" thus everything that isn't properly protected (ie has sufficient temperature) instantly freezes.

Of course, they're robots. Asking why they don't freeze is like asking why the Space Shuttle doesn't have icesicles on it.

16. transtrekkie

So this basically confirms what I just said (I was referring to the post with the link in it as the clear as mud one, this one is actually pretty straight forward). If you're out in the middle of space, between galaxies with no radiation or light source or anything around, space is automatically as freezing as it gets because there's nothing out there to generate heat. So again, it's not that space itself is "cold", it just "lacks temperature".

17. transtrekkie

Besides, I think the real question we should all be asking here is where's Barricade?

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Stopped for donuts, never came back.

19. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    alot of his post are like this, dont read too much into it.

20. flamepanther

The sacrificed Decepticon was apparently necessary, but the Doctor's given reason was "need parts," so I don't think there's any reason to believe it's because of any "powers" from that Decepticon.

It confirms part of that, except for the freezing. You would freeze very, very slowly in space, because there's nothing to carry the heat away. The only heat lost would be through radiation, and not a lot of heat is going to take that form most of the time. Most heat energy doesn't just automatically go away, it has to be conducted by something like air or water. Things would freeze faster in your freezer than in space. "Instantly freezes" and "lacks temperature" are not very compatible ideas. The second one is correct.