RotF entire movie shown in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Liege Prime, May 1, 2009.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, so, I have no way to prove this and the main reason I have doubts is that nobody has said anything on these boards from what I could tell. Well, apparently, in Seattle, where they were supposed to show the new trailer followed by a screening of the 2007 movie, they actually showed the entire movie of Revenge of the Fallen. I didn't go, but an excited friend reported this to me. She is a casual fan who went with her Husband. I am still a little doubtful, but she answered a few questions (about Soundwave) that I don't think she would know unless she saw it or was a hardcore poster on threads like this. I didn't want to ask TOO much, because I don't want the movie ruined for me. So, anyone else hear anything like this? One bit of confirmation I have is she said Shia gets injured in a battle and his hand is covered up for a lot of the rest of the movie. That just seems like something she wouldn't know about unless she saw it.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    this would have been all over the internet by now.

3. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I said the same thing.

4. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure we all knew about this since the beginning of time.

5. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    My point is that she wouldn't lie about seeing that in a movie. I'm not saying this is true, believe me. I'm just not going to take any chances and was going to share this info with you guys.

6. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    no, dude, i was there ~ we thought they were gonna show it, there was certainly that vibe (they were militant on security, which was funny cuz the crappy youtube trailer had already linked and it was less then 24 hours till it was gonna be officially online) there was also a bunch of press and marketing people there, which didn't seem to make sense.

but it ended up just being the original. they showed the trailer 2x, once before and after.

7. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    We = Fanboys and internet community. Not the average viewer who doesn't spend their time following this movie like we do.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Yeah, you know that there would have been some hardcore fan who went because it was TF, and was surprised by it being TF2. He would have posted it online once he got within breathing distance of a computer.

I'm not thinking its true. How closely guarded these movies must be at this point, and how secretive Bay and co. have been, the ROTF film reel didn't "accidentally" wind up at a theatre :D .

You could be right, but we'd have heard something by now methinks.

9. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Well, there you go. I only had a chance to talk for a few minutes since we're both at work, so I couldn't ask much. Anyways, IF there was a chance this was true, I had to post.

10. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    ..it really felt like we were gonna get to see it, there was this wierd buzz/vibe.
    i was a little let down, but it was still a fun event. some F-R-E-A-K-S were out though, damn! (i think cuz of the free tix)

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I think she is definitely a liar, and probably deserves a smack to the mouth.

Use my avatar as a guide.

12. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Haha, I'll see what I can do. I haven't had a chance to call her out on it yet, but I think she meant well and may have been confused. Her husband is more of a fan, and may have told her a couple things about Shia and Soundwave and she interpreted that when watching the first movie, which I guess this would have been her first time seeing it.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    So it sounds like you need to smack the husband for taking her instead of you.

You have my full support on this.

14. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

Eh Im from Seattle.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Then you should probably start to.