ROTF DVD & BR special features discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Batman, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started this thread so we can discuss any neat tid bits from the DVD/BR special features.

So far I have only watched two things.

The 25 years of Transformers was okay, but they kept showing this mistransformed leader Prime image.

I also watched the Bay in Japan thing and he managed to get his dig in on Terminator, he also seemed like a dick to a lot of the reporters and fans.

I will watch the rest tomorrow.

What does everyone else think?

2. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have seen almost all of them, except the 25 yr which i believe is the same i saw on the G1 Dvd, and like one other im impressed the deleted scenes are really good for no robot action :)  Very impressed I loved the arcee combination scene! It made my day!

3. Jumpman

Jumpman Member

Absolutely adored the "making of" documentary. The good and bad sides of Michael Bay and what he had to do to get this picture made. I'm going to continue to say it but this strike screwed up the picture. Not saying Bay's indulgences wouldn't have made it into the film but having him personally expand the outline as the writer's were on strike was the problem. And once the strike was over, two months until the first day of shooting isn't enough for the writers.

I also blame Bob and Alex to a degree that, if you listen to the commentary and the documentary, it is clear they had too many ideas for this film and was also trying to set up a sequel from this particular film when it is clear that Bay wanted to look at these films one film at a time. Again, probably more of an issue with time than anything else, but the ideas should've been cut way down.

Loved the cast interaction in the documentary. My favorite part is Shia's and Megan's description of the MOAB. They had me in tears during that part, especially Megan.

Finally, "Giant Effing Movie" is the highlight of the special features. Basically, a 25 minute gag reel/cast and crew appreciation featurette. Just some fantastic moments in there from everyone....

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I laughed at the scene where Bay is talking about Devastators balls. He just pulled the dude to the side and is all like yo, we need some balls, make it happen.

5. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I loved the special features. The Giant Effing Movie featurette has been my favorite so far. The 2+ hour making of was also interesting and added a lot of perspective to the film. I loved the 25 Years of Transformers too. Made me want to go out and buy some toys! I haven't seen the rest yet as I wanted to squeeze in the movie before I went to sleep but I appreciate special features that give us perspective and help us appreciate the movie; even if the movie is not a creative success (still don't like the movie). But it's all worth it and I'm looking forward to seeing everything else on the disk.

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw the concept art for BB and Soundwave...................BB was gonna be creepy looking

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    whoops double posted

sorry