ROTF Devastator's noises

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rev_Pee_Kitty, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Rev_Pee_Kitty

Rev_Pee_Kitty Order Malkavian-Dobbsian

I just bought ROTF Devastator, and I'm having one annoyance with him. When Mixmaster is in vehicle mode, he makes his rumbling/mixing sounds every time I move him.

A) Is that normal or did I get one with crazy wiring?

B) If it is normal, has anyone figured out a fix?

(And PLEASE, everyone, don't threadcrap about whether or not you like the toy. There's like half a dozen other threads for that. I don't care about opinions, just about Devy's sound effect trigger.)

2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    its normal since hes the one with all the electronics for devastater

your solution, take out the batteries

3. Rev_Pee_Kitty

But I'd still like him to have the lights and noises when I push the lever down in robot mode -- actually, all the lights and noises are good for the most part. It just seems like when he's in mixer mode, that even the slightest touch sets him off.

Hrm... actually, I guess it works that way when he's in robot mode, too, now that I tested it out by slapping him in the shoulder a few times. Grrr. I LIKE the electronics, just not how sensitive they are. That's what I was hoping for a fix for.

(For example, Energon Scorponok's electronics weren't bad except for the sensor in his tail -- how it set 'em off every time the tail moved, even a tiny bit. The solution? Snip the tail sensor wire. His buttons still worked, his lights and sounds still worked, but he no longer went off randomly when he was just sitting on my shelf. That's the sort of fix that ROTF-Devy needs.)

4. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

yeah this is pretty damn normal. I dont know if you could fix it.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think it's normal. He's supposed to activate his sounds on movement..which means he goes off everytime you slightly touch him or move him.

I DID read another thread a couple days ago in which somebody said his Mixmaster was triggerhappy, but came back with a post that it had something to do with the wiring, and that it was now fixed. I assume the poster didn't mean 'I ripped the wiring out', so maybe there is a fix for him to AT LEAST not look like he's possessed. :lol 

Only one problem..I forgot where it was.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I swear my dog farted and Mixmaster started making noise. I even dropped him and he still makes noise at a fly's wing beat.

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    batteries yanked out=EPIC WIN!

mine was driving me bong nuts...fuck the sounds every time of every second of every day...any little jingle and he starts "ARGH"....now nice silence again....

when my second devy gets here...the one i will be painting...i am yanking his shit apart to fuck with the electronics to try to "fix" that spazzy over sensitive issue....

8. Rev_Pee_Kitty

I peeked inside Mixmaster a bit -- didn't fully disassemble him, because I don't really have the time and energy for that -- and it seems clear that there's some sort of motion sensor in the truck body (not the cab) that only triggers when the body (the mixer part) is roughly horizontal. I didn't see any way to adjust him just in mixer mode, because the only change is a switch underneath that's depressed when he's in mixer mode, that seems to be connected to a chip that controls the sound. Not an easy thing to fix, it appears -- bummer.

I did (just for the heck of it) spend about two minutes shaking the holy heck out of him, to see what that'd do to the motion sensor -- and it seemed to help! Now he doesn't go off by himself or when I just touch him . . . it takes actual movement to do so. I may sneak him into my local hardware store and put him on the paint jogger for a few minutes and see what that does. :)