rotf devastator??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallensinn, Jun 30, 2009.

1. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    Alright champs maybe you guys can clear this up, after seeing the movie..
    Devastator is a) completely useless, a large vacuum, b) made of "drones" ie "demolisher" was killed by opt prime right? but yet he looks just like "scavenger."

pieces of devastator were in other places in another fight scene. this doesnt make any sense to me..

so decepticons are mostly made up of drones/ copies of other characters? besides Megatron, starscream... we saw a bonecrusher in the film, sideways looks very similar to barricade imo, blackout returns as "grindor" So why isnt there more personalized individual characters. are the guys who make these movies just lazy or am i retarded??

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My interpretation of the duplicates is that they are all clones or repaints. In computer animation, it is easy to clone hundreds and hundreds of copies of the same design. You also see lots of similar meteors landing and lots of similar protoforms running around. It is wise to save money on animation to maximize profits. I read in wikipedia that the robot who kidnapped Sam's parents in France had the face of Barricade so lots of reuse was going on in the movie to save money.

In the movie, there were 1 Long Haul robot and 2 Long Haul vehicles. 1 Scrapper robot and 2 Scrapper vehicles. Devastator can be formed from a variable number of constructicons and it all depends on how many constructicons are available for combining. In the movie, at least 9 constructicons (7 types of vehicles) were used to form Devastator.

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    We clearly see TWO green dump trucks at the final battle scene. One is down with Simmons/Leo, and the other shows up on a ridge overlooking the pit. The one on the ridge is joined by a red bulldozer. These are the 2 robots that fought in the battle, and were not part of Devastator. The vehicles in the pit made Devastator.

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

no they were lazy.

why put any work into the movie when ILM is all that they need since everyone will just eat it up long as the movie is called transformers.

I think this movie is as poorly done as the reviews say and even for TF fans if they take off the rose colored glasses to see it.

a Good example is the way they ruined Optimus Prime with the crappy dialog that was out of place. Super easy character to get right lots of material there spanning a couple decades and now he is a killing machine its amazing. People will site the 86 movie but i dont remember him asking for anyones faces then ripping their heart out. How does a peace fighter become a brutal killing machine.

They definately softballed the script and used the cloning of robots to make up for all the deficiencies. Hell there was one protoform that had megs head and proto body of another Also looked like primes proto legs on it.

5. newguy

newguy i

Close it close it. We have had this thread like 5 times already!!!!

6. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

easy. if a transformer watched a movie about people they would probably think we are all clones too, except for our army guys, who still look the same but must be a different type of clone (obviously not so).

Same thing with this movie; the protoforms in the final battle are a weaker type of soldier and the constructicons are specialized units. e.g rampage unit, demolishor unit,

7. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Theirs Devestator: one Singular Entity that splits into a bunch of Vehicles

and the Cunstructicons: the Bots we see in the Melee

8. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

wait.... the devastator constructicons were the ones who revived megatron right? because didnt mixmaster have the dog/decepticon hood ornimate when reviving megs? and when devestator formed that cement truck had the same tiing.
    since soundwave pre scanned for the cons i think its his fault.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It helps not to think when watching this film.

10. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

meet the new thread, same as the old thread. It's like no one knows there's a search button or something.

11. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

*sarcasm
    well if constructicons have clones then why cant constructicon threads have clones?

12. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

This thread is a Knock-Off, I saw it at Big Lots. The mold flash is showing and the plastic quality is cheap.

This is no Constructicon! :D 

13. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    sorry if this thread is cloned just as bad as the decepticons in that horrible movie rotf..maybe im just as lazy too. all the threads i found were about those awesome devastator toys.. not the awesome movie. but now after seeing the movie it kinda makes sense why they screwed up the devastator toys... devastator's screwed up in the movie!! i mean everyone is entitled to their own opinions.. but i dont buy any of these rationalizations. sorry, for a movie as big as this, its crazy how people are talking about clones and drones and short cuts to save money!!! crazy! i just wanted to hear you champs respond directly to what i was thinking and you did so go ahead and close the thread no big deal.

14. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Thank you man for bringing some sanity to this nonsense.
    Nobody will listen to what you're saying, despite it being the truth, but you know you're right anyway.
    Keep it on.

15. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    man people will find a way to explain any ol nonsense!!! so can the devastator "entity" merge out of any 7-8 robots/vehicles so it could have sucked up megatron and used him as a foot right??

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

IMO I think Devs is made up of vehicles that serve as his "alt mode" since he is so huge. I mean all the other bot's have an alt mode so why can't a 100 foot plus tall robot have serveral individual pieces that make up his alt mode?