ROTF Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peaugh, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Okay, I've come to accept the fact that we're getting two sets of Constructicons, and that neither one is perfect. I'm sure Hasbro has their reasons. Cost? Time? Wanting to get the most money from the consumer? We may never know. But one thing's for sure, it certainly wasn't because it couldn't be done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The coke can is acting as Long Haul since I don't have him yet, but if Rampage had a proper way to connect to Demolishor (and with that attachment point already provided on Demolishor's tab, no reason he couldn't), Rampage can certainly form a decent looking foot AND support the weight. If the arms and Long Haul were all done as deluxes, you could certainly have a Devastator that looked like the movie and could support itself. You wouldn't have the electronics or super turbine mode, but that would be fine with me. He wouldn't be HUGE either, but a fairly accurate representation of the character with fully transformable components would be something I'd be more than happy to live with. I knocked one of the bits loose as I was assembling it, the "piston" piece on Rampage can be pushed in to cover his face.

*Sorry for the picture quality, only have my camera phone.

2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I am thinking it would be hard for mixmasters barrel to form the head due to the way it transforms to bot mode. Other than that I still think Hasbro failed to take the opportunity here, cant wait for the customs to pop up.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am waiting for some of our Radicons to show Hasbro what Devy was supposed to look like.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Well, they'd have trouble making the whole BARREL the head. But his face could fold up and store underneath where the gun for "artillery mode" is now.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

...dammit.

This is further proof we have every right to be ANGRY.

I might wait and see if FansProject comes up with the pieces required to make the whole thing happen.

6. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Finally, all those twist ties the toys come with have a purpose

I am so trying this when I get these guys.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'd settle for giving demolisher some legs. It looks like you actually found a working peg.

There seems to be a peg in mixmasters drum. If the seventh one comes with devestators head inside as suggested then he's going to need to be very slim in the third or fourth mode.

8. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Peaugh, you rock. can't wait to see when all of the Constructicons are accounted for.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Knew it.

Damn shame and a missed opportunity.

SMH Hasbro.

They better prove to me that the Devastator we are getting is really worth $100. And some lame ass electronics does not count.

10. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe the gift set has the line just like megs and optimus...

I Am Devastator! :D 

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Peaugh, I'm hoping it's gonna happen like you alluded to in your review, that the 7th Constructicon will somehow be the missing link and allow for Devy in the end!

If not, we always have FP and/or Radicons!

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    This. After meeting FansProject at TFcon, I think they have the skills to make this happen.

13. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Here's my idea: (posted it in the wrong thread)

Ya know...if one of us here would be willing to take one for the team and buy the combining Dev, and get another one of us here to make a mold of his combined face, and make copies of it, it could be sold to fellow members and we could just attach it to the Devastator we build out of our own bots.

I was planning on buying the set anywho, but I'd like a back up in case I can't come through for some reason. Any takers on that?

Once that hurdle's crossed, anyone willing to do the mold/replication work?

14. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    You know, I could ask the others at Unicron.com, but if you ask me, that's a sure-fire way to make some cash. Devastator pieces could be our Accessory set 7, if we're lucky.

But don't get your hopes up. These are expensive to make.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I said all it would take would be an accessory set.

I still wonder if Hasbro might make one themselves to head off the garage kit / customs community, because a low run aimed at the fans is practically a license to print money.

I know whoever comes out with a decent accessory set to merge these guys has my money (provided it's a reasonable price!)

16. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Odds of shelling out for the gift set just dropped drastically. Here's to hoping that the remaining Constructicons can easily be added as the arms and the other leg and that we can get a face for the customs. Looking good so far, Peaugh.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, that's neat Peaugh. My theory has been that Hasbro did make the individual Constructicons able to combine and have just been keeping the combination quiet to allow them to "double-dip" fans and consumers with the vehicle-only giftset. That's been my personal explanation for why the individual Deluxe/Voyager Constructicons shown so far have been so flexible and/or have "third" modes; the extra joints needed for the combination are concealed by giving the toy a "third mode". The mystery 7th Constructicon (hinted at in one of the CGI images but not mentioned anywhere since) would then be the last released at the Deluxe/Voyager price (Voyager seems likely), serve as the "connector" piece and include the only needed bit of combiner kibble (Devastator's face). Yes, it's a lot of wishful thinking and likely misplaced optimism, but images like the ones in the first post really make me wonder...

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If true, that would be nothing short of criminal. :mad 

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. I may do this with them, as I plan on getting all six of the individual CC's. Still, I can fully understand why Hasbro wasn't able to do it. Or they could have something hidden up their sleeves, and are just waiting for the right time to show it. It wouldn't surprise me too much if they have a set of CC's that have all three of their official modes (alt,bot, and limb), and that the big Combiner Devs was meant for kids out there to have fun with, but have less of a chance of breaking something when trying to transform it. Although, the more I think about it, the less likely it becomes, imo. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time, it'll be interesting to see if the other CC's can pull of their limb-modes.

20. BlindWolf

BlindWolf Member

that is pretty kool, i for one won't be buyin the combined set as it looks terrible and a rip off. wonder if fanprojects or some makes a add on set so the deluxe ones can combine?!?!