ROTF Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Toxicon, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Is anyone else starting to warm up to him? I realize at this point that if the individual components transformed he would be even MORE inaccurate. I think he's fine the way he is now. What about you guys? PS- I am aware of the intense and widespread hate for Devs. So, if you aren't warming up to him, please don't post here. I don't want this thread to turn into an argument :) 

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The movie design yes. The toy design no. If the toy version was only $40 instead of $100, then yes I would be warming up to it as well.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I actually like him. If he was cheaper or if they all had individual robot modes I'd be all over it. As it stands now, I'll wait for clearance.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. The character design's awesome but my non-purchase of the toy is down to three factors:

1. It's a poor representation of the character.
    2. £100 price tag.
    3. The 'constituent' parts don't have robot modes - it represents a missed opportunity for Hasbro, this could have set a new standard for gestalt sets.

5. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I personally don't care since i leave all of my collection in bot mode unless i have a double of that one. I'm going to get the individuals and see if i can bash them into devy. I've liked him from the beginning just hope he does not set the standard for gesalts..Superion would not work as a gorilla

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Nope not a bit. Transformer Toys that dont Transform will never be in my want list.

7. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I love the movie design. But my only concern is getting the individual bots that actually transform. I'm a bid disappointed with the third modes for them because of the waste of a mode.

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I don't like the price of it, understandable if there were bot/vehicle/limb modes, but as it is I am starting to realize it might not work with the movie aesthetic exactly and as i aint warming up exactly I aint as angry as I was.

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Im warming up to the design i just cant see dropping 100.00 on him less then that then maybe

10. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait... there will be 2 versions of the Constructicons?

1 that has vehicule mode and robot.
    1 that has vehicule mode and Devastator body mode.

If that true, I even less interested in the Movie line. Leader OP just scream future Premium OP. Leader Megatron look ugly as the first movie. 5 different Bumblebee from the 1st movie is enough for me.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

That's it in a nutshell.

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i like the design too, and although i wouldve preferred each constructicon with three modes, my biggest problem with it is the price.. i'll probably pick devs up when i can afford it, but god knows when that'll be :D 

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    so will every constructicon have two versions?

14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I've already decided I'm getting it when it's available under $50.

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    As will I. I just can't shell out $100 for him.

16. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I actually like the new Devy toy. Sure, I wish that the toy had the robot modes included, but I think that
    1. It would be somewhat difficult to design and stuff
    2. Hasbro makes more money doing two different sets of Constructicon toys
    3. It would be way to difficult for children to figure out.

17. Spyro

Spyro Banned

1.Really? They did it in the 80's.
    2.They might would make more if they had a better Devastator. More people would buy that.
    3.Children are just stupid.Besides, younger kids shouldn't be allowed to have Transformers. All they do is break them or lose them or parts of them.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not entirely sold on the set at this point, but I'm definitely starting to warm up to it. The aesthetic is really growing on me and I think the "combiner" giftset does it justice. I also can't see such a large combined form being stable if it were made up of figures as complex and fiddly as the three individual Constructicons we've seen so far (not counting FAB Long Haul). I'd rather have Devastator be structurally sound and something I can mess around with, rather than being fragile just for the sake of having transforming components.

That said, I'm going to need to see a lot more pictures of the giftset before making a final decision and, at such a high price point, it's probably not going to be on the top of my acquisitions list. I'd also like to see a few reviews to get an idea of the engineering and such, but I'm guessing objective reviews are going to hard to find amidst a sea of "the individual components don't transform, so it automatically sucks and I'm just going to bitch about that for the entire review rather than discuss the giftset itself".

19. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Yeah, I see your points there. However, what I meant in #1 was that it would be difficult to make a realistic looking vehicle mode and still have it all form a realistic limb and such. Maybe that's a bit of a stupid point to make on my part.

20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll still get it, but I'll probably wait until it starts going on clearance and the price drops to something more realistic for what's being offered. I will want a Devatator figure, so even with the shortcomings, I'll pick it up sooner or later. Perhaps with a tinge of angst, but I'll get it.