ROTF Devastator is actually selling?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bennydeckersac, Aug 7, 2009.

1. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went to Target the other day and found 2 ROTF Devastators. I did not buy one due to a lack of funds (and I am assuming it will go on clearance later). I happened to be in the area the following day, so I went back to Target hoping for a restock of deluxes, and BOTH Devastators were gone! I figured that there would at least be a thin layer of dust (or a sale) before they would be gone, so selling two in a 24 hour period seemed amazing. Are Devastators actually selling well, or are collectors just buying the first ones that show up?

2. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Um...my best guess is that everybody in the world is stupider than I previously calculated.

3. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

kids love devestator.
    i cant explain. it might be how he totally devestated that pyramid. or maybe the kids have uhh... some kind of small spherical objects on chains to attach to him.

but can you imagine how the kids would react to that gift?

4. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Ive never seen one

5. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

In my school this year, we had to make model rockets and some some really homoperverted guy made his rocket shaped like a d... you know and put 2 little balls of rolled up paper on the end. yah, you could probrobly do that to Devistator too

6. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Yes, yes they do. While alot of people (most of them adult fans) aren't thrilled with Supreme Devastator kids are. Might be hard to believe, but just because more serious fans despise it doesn't mean that kids will too.

I was in Target yesterday and there was only one Devvy left on the shelf, and the group of chillens I was spending toy isle time with were lovin him.

Very excitedly I imagine. (Heck, I wouldn't mind gettin' him as a gift.)

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's big
    It's colorful
    It lights up and makes noise
    It's almost like a Power Rangers thing
    And it was in one of the hottest movies of 2009.

I won't be buying one at all, but I can see where the appeal could be. I can't find it, but I can see where it might be hiding.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, I seriously doubt it's the collectors (for the most part) buying these things up. It's the unsuspecting consumer that doesn't realize how much of a piece of crap it really is.

9. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see it all the time... not really selling where I live...

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I went to Target the other day for the sale. I picked Up Long Haul and Grindor and noticed they had the price tag for Devs on the shelf. Not a single Devastator to be found however. Maybe they really are selling.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It just started showing up in my area this week, so they haven't moved yet. But if I were a kid and got that, I would be very happy. The sounds and the lights are fun are pretty cool. As an adult collector, would I spend $100 on that toy, hell no. Even if I wanted it, I would wait and have a friend with a Costco membership get one for $75 when they start selling them. I also for see Devy being restocked for the Christmas season. It's going to be this years 2007 Ultimate Bumblebee.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my local stores, they haven't sold at all. Every Target I frequent has two each and has had two each for at least a week now. It's possible that they sold out of their original batch and stocked some more, but I just can't imagine a $100 toy moving that fast.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Devastator turns out to be popular with kids and maybe start moving more in the lead-up to Christmas.

13. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i got one from HTS with the free shipping...got it sitting on top of the TV...

got another on order with HTS that should ship end of this month...going to get a air gun and try some repainting on that one...want to make a worn, damaged devy....

so yeah they are selling....

he is one ugly fucker but once you buy him he grows on you...

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yes, because if we like a toy that you don't like, well then we MUST be stupid.

Anyways, he sold out on HTS the first time pretty fast. Now it seems he's sticking around a bit.

15. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

i bought one when i found him and yes he is selling and i doubt its just kids as i dont know to many kids aside from birthday money that just have a random 100 dollars laying around.
    im pleased with my purchase.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    You are not alone. All the stores around my area say they had them and they are all sold out.:jawdropper: 

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone bought it thinking the individual wehicle modes transformed, and were in for a big surprise? When it first came out I know I thought it would, but boy I was surprised. I just don't understand a Transformer that doesn't transform.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, while I don't own the figure, I think it's really mostly a "piece of crap" from an adult collector's point of view. I think we (adult collectors) hold it to a different standard and begrudge it for what it could/should have been.... which is a massively complex, screen-accurate toy with ultra-intricate transformations (and without the compromises that come with electronic gimmicks, thank you very much).

But younger kids, I imagine, would be frustrated by a toy of that complexity. It wouldn't have much playability, and would likely end up a tangled mass at the bottom of their toy box. But a big, chunky, solid-feeling toy with lots of lights and sounds.... that would probably provide them with a lot more amusement.

I dunno.... I do wish it were a toy that appealed to BOTH groups, but I'm starting to think maybe Hasbro knew what they were doing keeping it big, flashy, and simple.

19. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    I work at target and the two we recied a week and a half ago are still there. At $100 imao it'll sit on the shelf until it's cleranced like ultimate bb.

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think I would actually get this instead of the Ultimate Bumblebee.