RotF Devastator - Combiner Accessory Pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Okay, time for a little speculation.

If we for a moment consider that the regular, individual release Constructicons do not combine, then what are the odds that someone will work out a set of instructions and add-on parts to make them combine into Devastator?

Very, EXTREMELY likely, I'd imagine. Look at the Fans Project City Commander or any of the other accessory packs that fans have developed lately. Heck, check out the Unicron.com accessory pack for Transformers Animated for an excellent example involving giving Animated Ratchet his proper magnets.

Now, what are the odds that Hasbro has already seen this trend and anticipated it (if the Constructicons do not combine on their own) by designing a proposed Devastator accessory pack? A pack of add-ons that allow you to combine the Deluxe / Voyager Constructicons into the giant. Maybe even having the parts form a separate construction vehicle like this mysterious backhoe when not in use.

I would imagine this is very much a possibility. Accept the fact that if Hasbro doesn't release an accessory pack, then someone else will, and it is all but a foregone conclusion that we'll get something to combine Devastator. And if I know Hasbro they will not miss out on a huge chance like that.

I would imagine, therefore, that we're going to see just such an accessory pack offered at some point. Possibly through HTS as an online exclusive, or even through the TFCC, or both.

2. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    we can only hope someone comes out with a pac like that. don't think it'll be hasbro tho. it would be awesome if these deluxes and voyagers "just happen to" be able to combine with some minor mods

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That is a GOOD Idea.

4. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be sweet. I hope someone is able to pull it off. They would have an extremely popular accessory on their hands.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Would be awesome (even more so if it were an official mass-release hasbro item), but what are the chances this new combining item would make the combined Devastator LOOK GOOD?

To be honest, I don't see it happening. The current big Devastator that doesn't break up into robots isn't that accurate already, imagine what it will look like when it is made out of vehicles that aren't made to flip out into limbs..

If they can do it however, yes please. I would LOVE to have a Devastator that transforms in both vehicles and robots, and I think Hasbro dropped the ball on this one.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It had better be reasonably priced, then.

7. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

If not, I will be perfectly fine with my transforming constructicons.

8. Deadsled

News Credits:
    agreed - first ever "combiner" that required two sets of toys to represent all modes. transformers have always impressed me with the extent of engineering into toys like Rail Racer (Rid) and Magnaboss (BW) to get three very well designed modes. this is very much a "cop out way to do things" for a line that evolved so far over the years. my first dissapointment in my 24 yrs of collecting (and that includes all the "bricks" at least they TFed right poseable or not)

end of rant

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    My guess would be that Hasbro used the resources needed to design a real combination elsewhere, and that they are (possibly) going to redesign Devastator for the next movie so the actual toys combine.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an aftermarket kit of some sort designed to combine the individual toys. In fact, i almost hope there is, and that Hasbro loose revenue as a result of someone else doing what they should have done to start off with.

10. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seriously hope thats the case, however we need to see first if the actual figures are made in scale for the combining to work

11. Deadsled

News Credits:
    true, I think Mixmaster would have to be a Voyager to be the right size to combine

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I could see fans doing it because they are doing out of love for the characters and they aren't really in it for the money.

Can't see Hasbro doing it themselves because why would you buy the $100 Devastator if you could just buy a set of parts to make your Constructicons into Devastator. That just seems like it would hurt the sells of the $100 Devastator even more as even more collectors would be skipping the toy. I mean so far it's not on a lot of must have it lists as it is.

13. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I would jump - and I mean JUMP with both feet and mouth frothing with fangeek delight - if a someone would make a set to help the Constructicons merge.

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good idea, Sol Fury. I hope someone mass releases those. Of course, it's only a matter of time once they are released that some of our Radicons such as Pitvite and Frenzy Rumble have it hooked up ready to combine ;) 

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Oh we'll see a kit. Later rather than sooner, most likely. Take Classics Magnus and Alternators Optimus Prime/Convoy. 2006, their accessories came out in 2008. So we should see a combining kit in 2011.

I would hope it would be sooner, but I think they're going to have a problem figuring out how to make Mixmaster and Demolishor connect to form the head and chest. Plus they actually have to make a head, considering Mixmaster's Deluxe Class figure won't have one built into the mixing drum like the Devastator set one does.

That's why I'm just gonna buy the Devastator set and be done with it. If they come up with a kit and I can still find the Deluxe figures...I'll try and buy it. I ain't gonna break a sweat over it though.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If Unicron.com released one, my life would be complete.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is an excellent idea, Sol. Whether Hasbro wises up and does this or it's a fanmade, I'll definitely be getting an accessory pack when one becomes available.

18. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd have to say I wait and see what happens to devs in the movie to see if he comes back in the possible third. If he get offed in this 1 n a fan made combining set is made for the individual, yea, I'd buy it. But if devs makes it through the movie, I'll wait to see what happens with his toy then to see if they make they individuals combine then. Ill be buyin the individuals now, but prolly not the combiner set cuz of the price. If I find him on clearence I might snag him then.

19. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Do we even know if we're going to get all of the constructicons as transformable figures?

20. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

With this thread in mind, would someone who already owns "Scavanger?" please transform him how you think he'd look as part of a combine? Just look at the images of the "DevASStator" for placement example. This way we can at least get an idea if this thread concept is even possible..