ROTF Demolishor's bio

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pavol Palat, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Soooo...not a reformatted version of the Devastator tank (Brawl) from movie one then. How are they going to clear that issue up? Maybe "Devastator" is the Cybertronian "Bob" then, a name held by one out of every five Decepticons?

2. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's nothing that needs to be cleared up.

And thank god they didn't revive Brawl to avoid contradicting a typo.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    This may be just rationalization, but i've come to this:

So often we complain about a TF's sometimes numerous gimmicks getting in the way of each other. this was rampant in energon, where articulation was sometimes lost to powerlinxing.

Most of us display our combiners in gestalt mode. The figures will not be busy turning into robots while they're displayed in bot mode. Also, the gestalt parts will be that much more sturdy for not having to turn into robots.

Alternately, the robots will be able to focus on just two modes, and not sacrifice accuracy, articulation or what not just for the ability to combine.

and most of us buy 3 of everything anyway... with cool repaints and what not. consider this the origianl and repaint purchases on the first go.

That's kinda how i'm taking this whole thing.

4. Optimus Crab

Optimus Crab Post-Apocalyptic Autobot

People would be fine with that if Devastator was amazingly detailed or articulated. Unfortunately, he is neither. That's what people are upset about.

5. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. At first I was glad to hear that the components didn't transform, meaning they can give great attention to the vehicles and Devastator. But after seeing the figure itself I was disappointed, especially because the non transforming ones are more detailed:thumbdown .

6. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would it be impossible to give this guy some "wrist" articulation. He looks so dumb with his immovable scoops.

7. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    you know... it's been rumoured that Skids and Muds might combine... and Jetfire/Prime combine.. and it doesn't say ANYWHERE on their packages that they combine with their counterparts... so.... i guess THAT is why i still have hopes... and frankly, as long as they release bots for the other members of the constructicon team, i WILL do all i can to find a way to combine them.

-A.S.

8. risingmegatron

risingmegatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    once i see him im gettin him because it can be like all wow look at me i have no legs so i have no leg articulation and i can go fast and dont even need to transfom because i have a wheel for a leg yay and i will transform to be devastator and own the earth boom boom boom i kill all!!!!!!!!!!!

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :lolol :duel :music 

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Interesting how they say he's not very bright, yet he has an intelligence of 6. Starscream only has an intelligence of 4 on his RotF packaging. That doesn't add up.

Anyway, I really like his bio. He seems to have compassion for his fellow Decepticons. Makes me like him even more.

10. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

If there isnt a Devastator with transforming individual robots combining together to form a larger --Devastator-- than I will be VERY disappointed. I will not spend any money on a large piece of plastic that lights up and makes some stupid noise at the touch of a button. I hope that Hasbro understands the situation and has made this very awkward robot part of a lager gestalt. In my mind the "robot" mode on this toy is so odd looking that it seems that it would have to be part of something larger.

11. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

I believe this has been cleared up, but he was called Scavenger shortly after the Superbowl commercial becasue we didn't know his actual name. It wasn't until we saw the toys that we knew exactly who he was. So his name is Demolisher.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what it says about him in his bio, it seems like Demolishor is loyal to Megatron or another Decepticon leader.

13. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I agree :D 

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Nice bio. Gives a little insight on how the Constructicons came together.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This goofy thing will be the easiest pass for me ever - especially since it's apparently a stand-alone toy (that can't even STAND).

Who cares about an interesting bio when the figure sucks? Do people really buy toys on the bio alone?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  16. silentrob

silentrob Bringing the HORROR back!

I agree. I wanted to like this guy... but good Lord he sucks hard. This design... IMO it's just dumb.

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    If anything it's proof he's not coming back. It says "until a new Decepticon leader emerges"

Speak for yourself! 3 of everything? Are you nuts? Maybe seekers, but that's about it...

18. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Interesting bio. So he's the leader of the Constructicons?

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He can stand just fine (the wheel isn't really a normal wheel, it's more like a trinagle-ish shape, not to mention that you can arrange his two wheels anyway) and the toy is awesome because my opinion is superior.

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Love the bio, love the toy. Do want.